Push-button Start Nitro Z-7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dalton

Reaction score
Alright, I got a question for all you long-legged men. I have a 2012 Nitro-7 and my ole knees hit the darn ignition switch key when I get up. Ya, I try to pay attention but you know? Well at 25.00 a key it's not a learning experience... Has anybody rigged a push-button switch for this and just rigged up your key in series under the console out of way? Thought I check to see if anybody has tried it or even if It would work? Any ideas? Can't sell boat or get shorter, can learn to be more attentive though.

I haven't tried a push button start in a boat but I'm sure it could be done, you also could move the key switch to a different location. I'm tall and I wish I had a couple more inches of leg room in my Z7. I do have a tilt helm, it really helps me getting in and out of the drivers seat.

Tox,

You're not gonna be one of THOSE kind of Ranger owners now are ya?? :lol:

ABSOFRICKINLUTELY NOT!!:lol::lol: I bought my NITRO because I got a good deal on it and I bought the Ranger because I got a fantastic deal on it. I don't drink any manufacturers Kool-Aid and when I decide to buy new (as my retirement present to me), I will shop all brands equally. I was debating new/used when I got back from Florida had talked to a dealer about sponsorship and had not made a decision when this deal surfaced locally. I couldn't pass it up after I talked the price down 10 grand. Now I get to bring it up to speed and spend a little more $$ but I will know everything is done and done right (because Carlos is wrenching on it:lol:) I will be brutally honest about the good, the bad and the ugly about this Ranger. Right now the things that have caught my eye are: No drain holes in the recessed tray, the front 2 lockers and the front butt seat (that I rarely use) is too close to the TM recess. The trailer for this year Ranger has had a lot of problems but I can't comment on that yet since I haven't towed it that much. It does tow like a dream, better than the NITRO did. Time will tell.

Just busting ya Tox, I know you're not that kind of boat guy! I like my Triton and have always liked their layouts. I bought mine used and will consider most brands whenever I'm in the market for another boat. I'm hoping to keep this one for awhile as I had my Nitro for 12 years.

It's hard to justify the price of new when they depreciate sooooo fast....a couple year old boat saves you big $$, but if you want to break it in as the 1st owner, then you gotta pay to play.

Hey Tox....

Nitro has push button starting too....its not just your fancy Ranger!

As for modding a Z-7.....just replace the ignition switch or move it. I assume you have an EFI or newer motor....you dont need the push to choke feature any more.

Mine is FAR from fancy! Its a workhorse!

Latest posts

Back