PT 175 w/60 Merc

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Hey Fellas, I know this is a "general" question I'm fixin' to ask, but just looking for some general thought regarding this boat my buddy is looking at buying. It's a 95 PT 175 with a 96' Mercury 60hp motor. It's ready for the water, no leaks and no known problems. I've known all three owners of the boat since 96', and have used the boat myself several times and never had any issues with it and it always ran great. I'm thinking the guy is wanting about $3,000 for the boat and trailer, does that sound like a decent price? I last used the boat in March, 03 on Clark's Hill and it hasn't been used a whole lot since then. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I've got less than 30 days before I redeploy from Iraq and my own Nitro will be skimming across Clark's Hill on 6 Jan 06, can't wait!! Ya'll be good.

Jim

jim,

3 k for that boat sounds about right if it in good condition. Is the trailer galvanized? motor in good condition. check the rivits good, my old 96 leaked like a siv.

mike

Sounds good to me if it's in good shape. There's a boat that's been sitting up the road from me all summer that the guy is trying to sell for $2,000 from what I hear. Looks to be about a 16' jon boat, handpainted camo, fold-down framework for duck blind netting, an old 35hp Evinrude on the back, and you can see where it has had angle iron welded on the front of the trailer to place the bow stop/winch. Like i said, it's been there all summer.

Sound like a good deal to me. May want to have the motor checked just to be sure

Bill

If the motor checks out ok and it's a galvanized trailer that's not only a good deal it's a great deal. I bought a 1996 PT-17 with a 40hp Force motor in great shape for $3500.00. I had looked at a number of Trackers that were down to jun statis and they wanted more than that.

I didn't even argue with the guy about price it was such a good deal. Try to get it down as much as you can and then buy it.

Bill

Jim. I just up graded to a 60 HP and haven't had a chance to take it out. Can you give me an idea of how fast this set up is. Thanks

Hey Pete, it's been a year and a half since I ran the boat, I want to say it ran in the mid to high 30's when I fished by myself, just a hair slower with two guys, but can't be sure. I know it handled and planed out very well.

Jim

It'll beat ya' to death on choppy water. I owned a 94 rivited Pro Team 18 and it leaked liked a siv when I was done with it....beay two rivets completely out of it.

just one cent worth:huh:

Jim - Are you sure its not a PT 17? I thought the name Pro Team 175 only came into play in 1998 when they released the Revolution Hull, which is why Tee is saying it will beat ya in choppy water. There is a signifigant difference in ride. Steve Rizza has an older PT17 and I had my PC 175 at the Rally in 2004 and he agreed that the ride was like day in night. So if you don't fish large ponds or areas with a LOT of chop, if the boat is solid and the motor is good and the trailer is strong, it sounds like a decent deal.

Trep

Hey Trep, yeah, you're right, it's a PT 17. I sent the guy a bunch of questions concerning different issues that would make the price go up or down and I'm waiting on a reply. I have to agree with the ride. Fished a time or two with a buddy that had a tin boat on Clark's Hill with about three foot swells....it rattled the teeth out of my head and we got soaked every time the bow slapped the water. I'll stick to my Nitro 170TF, but my buddy is looking to get into a first boat so this may be a good deal for him. Thanks for the intel.

Jim

Jim - for a first boat if it checks out physicaly and mechanicaly it will be great for him. And since the boat and motor are "old school" any repairs or upgrades are a cinch!! If he gets it make sure he joins here and post pics!!

Latest posts

Back