prop for trolling motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian howard

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could answer what may be a stupid question. I just ordered a new prop for the Motorguide trolling motor on my 03 Tracker and when I called I told the guy I needed to replace the Ninja prop that was on the motor. I didn't tell him, but it was a 2 blade prop. When I received the new one yesterday it ended up being one of the 3 blade Machete props. It is the correct size of 3.5", but its 3 blades look like they are a little shorter than the 2 of the old one. Can anyone tell me if this is perfectly okay or not? Are there any pros and cons that I need to be worrying about? I don't want to go through the hassle of having to ship it back to the marina since it was a long distance order if I don't have to. But I also don't want to keep something that I shouldn't be trying to make work if it's not correct. Thanks in advance.

Brian,

I have both props for my motor. The 2 blade is slightly longer than the 3. Personally, I prefer the 3 blade prop. Its not as noisy (vibrations) as my 2 blade prop at least on my rig.

Take care...DH

2 blade is a power prop

4 blade is for real bad weeds

3 blade is there in between prop comes standard now on most motor

if your in alot of wind the 2 blade is the best but can be noisy if on high speed

3 blade real good all purpose prop

you can get your motorguide props at Wal-mart usally

They are right, Rich had a 3 blade on mine when I got it 2 years ago and loved it, being a hair smaller it never nicked the front if I accidentaly turned it one while stowed!! I tore it up and the shop over the weekend last year only had the 2 blades.

Gary - "you can get your motorguide props at Wal-mart usally" I WISH! down here i've never been able to find one at Wallyworld, only the MinKota ones :wacko:

Trep

TrepMan,

what you said above is exactly why i replaced my 2 blade. 5 or 6 times too many of accidentally turning it on while it was stowed wore too much off the tips.

i'm excited by the fact you guys say the 3 blade will be quieter. that's my biggest gripe about this motor is the vibration. i'm hoping maybe this will lessen it and i didn't even realize i was fixing the issue.

thanks for all the info guys. you also gave me a great idea of keeping the old in the boat as a back up if i ever am in need while i'm out on the water. thanks!

Latest posts

Back