Prop change question???

• Thread starter Matthew Wolfgram
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Wolfgram

Reaction score
Hey,

Got a 98 Savage 896DC with a 200 Opti on the back. Had a 24p Tempest prop on the motor in the past. Tried playing with the PVS's to try and achieve a better hole shot. Couldn't get what I was looking for, so got a new trophy 24p. Hole shot was incredibly worse. What used to take about 5 secs to plane, is now like 12 secs. Was told from some guys that a blowout ring would rectifiy this problem. Tried looking for it on the merc website, but site for parts is down. Has anybody heard of these? Would it help? and if so, anybody got a part #???

Matt

I had an 896, with a 200 i ran a 25 tempest, and a 25 trohpy, yes the blow out ring helped a lot, however i do not know the part number, Bob can help with that

Thanks Bob,

I live in Ottawa, Canada. The local dealers around town hear don't have any in stock. Can I purchase one of these through you?? Will this work for sure?? I've already taken 2 of the 4 plugs out to try and improve the hole shot, but no prevail. Now, I do have a hydraulic jack plate on my boat. Would the height of my motor play a part in this problem?? When I take off, my motor is completly trimmed down and jack plate is down aswell. With full live well, 1/2 tank of gas and 2 grown men and gear, motor revs up but feels like it's just bogging down, until eventually the front end comes down. WOT is perfect. 62-65mph. Was told by one of the local dealers today, when inquiring about this ring, that it would not help my holeshot at all.

Thanks Bob!!

p.s. what's the actual name of this ring??

Matt

take all your PVS plugs out, and give it a try

Latest posts

Back