Prayers needed for my Dad....PLEASE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been on much lately, but it's been a busy and crazy summer....I miss you guys, but now I need your help....

Long story short....I was enjoying the beginning of a weekend up-north at Camp Neeley when I got an emergency message Saturday morning.

My dad...healthy as a horse, only 64 yrs. old...had fallen off his bike Thursday afternoon (he swims 2 miles and rides 10 miles 5 days a week) .....big bump, black eye, swollen hand. He spent the night in the ER and returned home Friday.

Saturday mornning, he was incoherent and my mom called 911.

Acute Subderal Hematoma.....he's now had 2 major brain surgeries in the last 30 hours, and his life is hanging in the balance minute by minute.

I just returned from the hospital...I've been there since Saturday around 1pm....he's in a coma, unresponsive.....brain swelling larger by the hour.

I'm going to get my mom and wife to sleep now, then try and get some myself.

PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM....thanx

prayers are on the way for your dad as well as for you and your family!

You got it Ken! Keep that family togther and let us know how he's doing.

Ken, your Dad, and family are in my thaughts and prayers.

Buzz

To you and yours! Hoping for the best.

Rich D

My prayers are on the way for your father. I know how trying these times are. Just try to stay strong.

You have our prayers Ken. Hang in there. Keep talking to him, the doctors told us that coma patients can hear you. Please keep us posted.

Gene

Ken, Prayers on the way for dad and the entire family.

Ken,

I know how you are feeling...my prayers are with you and your family... If there is anything more I can do...please call... anything you need or want is yours for the asking....

Ken, I'll be thinking of you and your Dad. I wish him a speedy recovery.

You got it Ken. If there's anything you guy's need give me a call.

Craig

Sorry to hear that Ken....OURS are on the way too guy!

TEE

Our prayers for your father and our thoughts for you and your family, Ken...

Ken,

Now praying for a speedy recovery for your Dad, for strength for your Mom and your family and for skill and wisdom for the Doctors.

Sue D.

prayers on the way for your dad, you, and your family...

Ken,

Our thoughts are with you and yours during this troublesome time.

Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help.

Tony (and family)

We've got your family in our prayers. God bless your father with a rapid recovery.

Ken,

Your family is in our prayers. Please keep us updated as you can.

Hope everything works out Ken, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Steve ><}}}}'>

My family and I are praying for your dad, for you, and for all your family, Ken....... We're thinking of you...egMike and family

Not the news I was looking for when I got home from N'awlin's!! I will keep your family in my prayers Ken!!

God Speed!!

Mac

We will pray for your father Ken and hope for the very best.

Faith can work miracles.

Mark & family

Ken The Lord can not ignore this many prayers I will stop and say mine now, hopeing it's in time.'

BF

If anybody gets an update..please post the "public" info here...

Our prayers are still with you and your family Ken...

Hang in there Ken!

Thoughts and Prayers for you and your dad and Jonathan!

az

No problem Ken. Prayers are on the way.

If you could return the favor that would be great. I've been in NH since Friday. Jill's mom had a heart attack and a triple by pass on Wednesday. The recovery is not going well at all. She's only 51 yrs old.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Craig and Kathy for getting me to airport at 5am on Friday.

Marke

No problem Ken. Prayers are on the way.

If you could return the favor that would be great. I've been in NH since Friday. Jill's mom had a heart attack and a triple by pass on Wednesday. The recovery is not going well at all. She's only 51 yrs old.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Craig and Kathy for getting me to airport at 5am on Friday.

Marke

Ken and Marke--

Heres hopeing for the speedy recovery of Ken's father and Marke's mother-in-law.

Steve

Marke,

Add more prayers for Jill's Mom, your family and the doctors. Please keep us posted.

Sue D.

More prayers are needed....tests were done late this afternoon. They will read them and give us the news tomorrow morning, but the neurologists told us to prepare for the worst, things do not look good, and we may have to make "THE" decision tomorrow.

Please continue to pray not only for my dad, but for me and my mom, that we will have the strength to make the proper decision, and be at peace with ourselves knowing the choice we make will be the right one.

and Marke....you have our prayers too

Ken,

My prayers are for you and yours.... I have walked that path with my own Dad and before that with my Grandfather... One of the marvelous aspects of faith in a Supreme Being and an afterlife is that this world is a temporary stop and as hard as it is for us to realize and come to peace with... all of us are just that, temporary residents of the "here and now"... Love and God's guidance will get us all to the best answers... We are all in God's hands and he always has our best interest in mind... If you want to talk or need an ear to listen just give me a call.... I've sent my Telephone number by e-mail...

Marke, Ken and Jill,...I know exactly what you're all feeling and thinking,...I went through it 3 years ago with my Dad....it's out of your hands,..just keep the faith!

Mac

Ken, Marke, and all your family, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers..

Buzz

My family was in a similar situation with my mother. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Rich D

Marke and Jill -

As you may be aware, I'm 53 and had two heart attacks and a quintuple bypass when I was 41..... I know what it's like from your Mother's end..... My prayers are with you all.

Ken -

About this time last year, I was in the hospital with pneumonia and congestive heart failure..... Although I was in bad shape, I had caught it early enough that it hadn't reached critical as I had been just two years earlier..... While there, I made the decission to fill out DNR papers and a Living Will and leave them with my Doctor..... I don't know which I was more fearful of - giving up life or dragging it out..... But I did know that, when the time came, I wanted to just go easily.....

I don't know what else to say..... I've never had to make such a decission for anyone else..... I guess it's a lot easier doing it for myself..... I guess I'm just trying to say that, if your Father had to make the choice, he'd probably do the same as I did.....

When I'm gone, first thing I'm gonna do is go fishin' with Dale Earnheart and Neal Bonnett!

God Bless!

me!

Ken this hits way too close to home. We are continuing to pray for your dad and family. If I can do anything for you please let me know. God is my strength and I pray that his strength is filling you and your dad.

Gene

517-646-6165 Home

517-242-1479 Cell during the day.

517-543-7500 Ext. 492 Office (8-10:30)

Back