Pray for our troops

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
I typically don't post this kind of thing, but knowing that many of you have friends and family serving in the military, thought I would share something that happened to our family.

My youngest cousin is a West Point grad, now doing a tour of duty in eastern Iraq, leading a company who is pulling security detail for one of the area commanders.

Through my aunt I learned that a HMMWV in one of his recent convoys, just 30 feet in front of his vehicle, was hit with an EFP (the Iranian version of the IED). These things - explosively formed projectiles - can penetrate 8 inches of armor using a six-inch steel rod. Two of his guys were killed and one seriously wounded. He said that the overpressure blew off both 400-pound armored back doors on the vehicle. Both of the troopers killed were married.

Thank God that my cousin or any more of his company wasn't killed or injured, but sad for all the families who have to suffer when these attacks are successful.

In your prayers, please continue to lift up our soldiers, sailors and airmen and the families of those who are dealing with a death or the wounding of a loved one. These men and women deserve our highest respect, and we should honor those lost in the way we live as a free people.

Steve called home with the news, told his mom to always remember that he loves her, and that night headed out with another convoy.

My hat goes off to all the men and women of our armed forces. Thank you for keeping my family safe.

Steve

Mo....

Tell him thank you and express my personal sympathy for his loss... I know, as a Vietnam PLatoon Leader just what his emotions are at this time... It is a terrible feeling to be the one responsible for the ones who are killed.... My prayers are with him and the families of his Troops...

I have tried to make myself say a prayer for all of them each time I see a ribbon/decal/magnet on someone's car/truck. It's my way of kind of having a string around my finger. Maybe if we all did that we could make a difference.

Thanks to anyone reading this who is a veteran or currently serving. We do appreciate it and thank you for our freedom. God bless each one of you and your families!!

Well said Mo. I hope most Americans take the time this weekend to remember and pray for those serving now and in the past. We civilians owe everything we have to our Vets and need to remember that. Seems these days alot of people forget this fact.

Latest posts

Back