"Post Turtle"

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Texas rancher,

whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor

struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got

around to Obama and his bid to be our President.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'.'

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a

'post turtle' was. The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a

country

road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top,

that's a 'post turtle'.'

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he

continued to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself,

he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is

up there, and you just wonder what kind of a dumb ass put him up

there to begin with.':eek::blink::D:D:D

That's a retread, but certainly can be used in multiple situations.

This 'thing' they are doing tonight in Denver looks more like a coronation, rather than an acceptance speech. Not sure how this will go over to most of the nation, but I'm suspecting that it won't sit well with most.

I'm not buying, all of this 'unity' that Bill and Hillary (and their following) are trying to put on display. I'm guessing that they are simply positioning for 4 years from now.

Tex

Mac, good one. Tex, I agree 100%. The Clintons bad mouthed Obama more than any of us.

Bubby:)

It's a grand old tradition during party primaries to bad mouth the other candidates and then speak glowing of them during the general. I'm sure all of you remember the term "Voodoo Economics" , that George H. W. Bush called Ronald Reagan's economic plan. What about the smear campaign that Karl Rove laid on John McCain in 2000 or what about all the mud that Mit Romney and John McCain slung at each other. And as far as presidential candidates not know what they're doing....

story-1-1.jpg

Yeah, Billary is a schemer and I have no doubt she's only got 2012 in her sights and nuthin' else.

And I guess Obama can add "Greek God" to his resume' after that show of pomp and circumstance......what a joke.

JP

I had to laugh like crazy when local CBS station all week was making a big deal that no one will miss any of the Bears preseason game just because of the Demo convention coverage.

And I guess Obama can add "Greek God" to his resume' after that show of pomp and circumstance......what a joke.

Not sure I understand what you mean.... can you elaborate?

Better question is how did McCain get on his post??? A bit reminicent of how you gave this country the gift of G. Bush. :wacko: Let's see, his campaign was in ruin and almost bankrupt. THEN a poll came out saying he could beat both Hillary and Obama. Sooooooooo, just as in 2000, you all jumped on board an indoctrinated him as the nominee because you're so hell-bent on the anti-democrat stance (I'm sure there's a little racism too with you good ole boys ;) ), that you'll accept anything that will win, as long as it's not a democrat or black man, even after you all ripped on McCain earlier in the primaries. LOLOL Oh, how sad you sheep are. LOL Try being independent. It's the party of the thinking man. :p

ARGHHHHH, here we go again!:huh: Geeez, I didn't think I gave this country the gift of G. Bush... But if so, I'll take credit for it! I have nothing bad to say about our President except for how he treated the illegal alien situation. And he did that to appease the Democrats, especially Nancy Pelosi and her ilk, and then they turned around and slammed the White House for the position they took! Otherwise I really don't remember, 'jumping on board'. I didn't think I was "hell-bent" on anything except trying to go fishing again sometime. And I guess, in this election any way, I am a little "hell-bent" on getting the Democrats defeated.! But saying (I'm sure there's a little racism too with you good ole boys.) is more than a slap in the face to all of your N.T.O.W.S. Brethren and I think you owe them all an apology! I consider myself a "good ol' boy" but I am as far away as a racist as is possible. Plus, isn't Obama half white and half black? Like Tiger Woods, why are they automatically considered 'black'? Now, I AM a hell bent anti-Democrat and that's one of the reasons why! It's the hysterics and name calling the Democrats always happen to count on! BTW, I never ripped on McCain and the only thing I really have against him is his stance on guns. As for independent, if I register as that I am not allowed to vote in any of the Maryland primaries.

I'd much rather be a sad sheep instead of a crying, name calling independent who knows he will never win or even get close to winning and slights his friends with whatever meanness he can gather.

Uncle Billy

...(I'm sure there's a little racism too with you good ole boys...

:blink: And all of us 'good ole boys' have a washing machine on our front porch, and multitudes of junk cars in our front yard. :rolleyes: .

Better question is how did McCain get on his post??? A bit reminicent of how you gave this country the gift of G. Bush. Let's see, his campaign was in ruin and almost bankrupt. THEN a poll came out saying he could beat both Hillary and Obama. Sooooooooo, just as in 2000, you all jumped on board an indoctrinated him as the nominee because you're so hell-bent on the anti-democrat stance (I'm sure there's a little racism too with you good ole boys ), that you'll accept anything that will win, as long as it's not a democrat or black man, even after you all ripped on McCain earlier in the primaries. LOLOL Oh, how sad you sheep are. LOL Try being independent. It's the party of the thinking man.

So... I'm a racist because I don't want an inexperienced, Party puppet with criminal ties as the leader of my country? You sir, are an A$$! (And extremely cowardly to be hiding behind a computer when you call people racists!! :angry: )

*I had to edit further comment. The socially inept amongst the liberals are the hardest not to sound off against!!:angry: Does anyone else take offense at the above quoted response stating racism as the reason we don't fall in line behind his candidate???

Before you want to label the fine folks here "racist", you might want to go read Michele Obama's writings. A type of racism not seen since Louis Farahakan. That, my friend, is a racist doctrine and she is the the wife of your #1 man. If you need a refresher, I can go get it in its entirety and post it here. That is a card you will never see thrown around in this campaign by the democrats because that is a sure fired way to lose considering the hard evidence. The only confirmed (by her own writings) racist in this political race is Michele Obama.

On a more personal note, you don't know me. I would venture a guess that you haven't met many of the people on this site. I have. You owe them an apology. Chalk it up to the heat of the debate....

Just sayin......

TOXIC

It's the hysterics and name calling the Democrats always happen to count on!

Terroreyes and SoonerFan started in on the nasty comments. That's a typical Democratic Hysterical response..

Oh, is that right? Well here is just a small example of some of the things that have been said on this board in the last few weeks.

Personally, I don't care for John McCain but you couldn't pay me enough money to vote for

Obama. Not only doesn't have any experience in ANYTHING I'm starting to believe he's the Anti-Christ! And I'm not kidding!

Who's the anti-christ going to check with?

Just Remember, If at 25 you're not a Democrat you have not heart..

If at 45 you're not a Republican you have no brain!!

Hope this hasn't been out here. I also don't mean to tick anyone off but you gotta admit this is funny.

Wednesday schedule 2008 Democratic convention.

Schedule of Events

7:00 pm OPENING FLAG BURNING

7:15 pm PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE U.N.

7:20 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

7:25 pm NONRELIGIOUS PRAYER AND WORSHIP - Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton

7:45 pm CEREMONIAL TREE HUGGING - Darryl Hannah

7:55 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

8:00 pm HOW I INVENTED THE INTERNET - Al Gore

8:15 pm GAY WEDDING PLANNING - Rosie O'Donnell

8:35 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

8:40 pm OUR TROOPS ARE WAR CRIMINALS - John Kerry

9.00 pm MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM AND HIS SONS - Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon

10:00 pm ANSWERING MACHINE ETIQUETTE - Alec Baldwin

11:00 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

11:05 pm COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand

11:15 pm FREE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM GUANTANAMO BAY - Sean Penn

11:30 pm OVAL OFFICE AFFAIRS - William Jefferson Clinton

11:45 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

11:50 pm HOW GEORGE BUSH BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLD TRADE TOWERS - Howard Dean

12:15 am TRUTH IN BROADCASTING AWARD - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore

12:25 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

12:30 am SATELLITE ADDRESS - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

12:45 am NOMINATION OF Barack Hussein Obama- Nancy Pelosi

1:00 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Obama

1:30 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Hillary Clinton

1:35 am Bill Clinton asks Ted Kennedy to drive Hillary home.

It just looks to me that Biden is the new Monica Lewinski.

He would've been more in true character to ask someone who's equally as unqualified to step-in as he is......but then again..there ISN'T anybody more un-qualified than him!

I don't normally talk politics/religion, but this here joke is funny, I don't care who ya are

A teacher in Elmira , New York asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Obama fans.

Not really knowing what an Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Little Johnny.

The teacher asked Little Johnny why he had decided to be different...again.

Little Johnny said, 'Because I'm not an Obama fan.'

The teacher asked, 'Why aren't you an Obama fan?'

Johnny said, 'Because I'm a Republican.'

The teacher asked him why he's a Republican.

Little Johnny answered, 'Well, my Mom's a Republican and my Dad's a Republican, so I'm a Republican.'

Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked,

'If your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?'

With a big smile, Little Johnny replied,

*'That would make me an Obama fan.'*

the Dem's would NEVER agree to that...their s

I won't go so far as to call anyone here a racist

That's the difference. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Everyone has a right to throw daggers at the candidates because they are fair game but no one has the right to personally attack the members here.

There's a line that shouldn't get crossed and attacking people personally is the line. Seems to me that personal conflicts should be settled off the forum and not in public.

Like I said....heat of the debate, cause if it's not, I'll fire up a blowtorch of rhetoric that'll fry your monitor.

TOXIC

WoW! I was just getting ready to click the 'reply' button when I scanned up and saw Harpo's post. I got a tingly feeling when I saw that a lot of those quotes were from me.:lol: I agree with everything Tox said in reply to Harpo. And if you really take offense at the jokes you quoted, that's just silly. IT'S NOT PERSONAL. Calling members here names IS personal and before you spend a lot more of your time digging out personal attacks, please be sure to highlight the entire thing and keep them in context.

Yes, I take offense Dan and said so in my post demanding an apology, and I still do.

It's my opinion that ANYONE who backs Obama and then claims others are racists need to have their head examined.

Michelle Obama's thesis ... is unavailable until Nov. 5, 2008, at the Princeton library. I wonder why?

But not even his wife can't measure up to the racist rhetoric espoused by his friend,

long time minister, adviser, mentor and sounding board, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Let's see, the U.S. started the aides virus, trains professional killers, imports drugs, and creates a racist society that would never elect a black man as president.

This guy has said so many racist and anti-American things that I wouldn't know where to begin so if you're interested just Google Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Jr.

I just wonder how many of us here on NTWOS would sit in our seats for the entire sermon this piece of garbage screams? I have a feeling just about every one of the members here would get up and walk out and not keep going to the same church and listen to the same Minister for a number of years. Of course Obama has said he wasn't in attendance any of the times Rev. Wright said these things.:rolleyes::p

I really just decided to post here to let Dan know that I too think an apology was in order but every time I even think about any of this it drives me crazy.

Starting with Toxic, I have met a number of NTOWS members and have to say they are a great bunch of "good ole' boys" and I'll say it again, you owe them and this entire site an apology Terroreyes.

I regard Harpo as a friend even if he is misguided:lol: (joke Harpo).. We trade jokes via e-mail and sometimes, but rarely talk politics and he even surprised me once by calling me. BUT he will never change my political views nor will I change his so we usually leave it at that.

Obamas Pastor.jpg

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back