Pittsburgh bids on '05 classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rizza

Reaction score
I read in the paper the other day that Pittsburgh has submitted a bid for the 2005 Bassmaster Classic.I am totally pumped over the possibility.I do believe it would make for a very interesting tourney with the three rivers holding big fish,lots of fish,and one in between.With all the locks it would force them to find a spot and really stick with it.We have two brand new stadiums right at the point between the three river,great for weigh ins.

This is a beautiful city,with three beautiful rivers,and this would be a great showcase for it.

Wish us luck.The paper said it was between us and two or three other cities.

Cool!

Grub and 'gars at my place!

Did they mention Hartford, CT as one of the possible locations?

I had heard awhile back that Hartford was putting in a bid also.

With ESPN being in state, it make a nice choice.

Rich D. and Steve...

Pittsburgh has always been one of my favorite cities to visit... Haven't been there in a while and would love to return...

In addition to the new sports fields, we also have a new convention center on the banks of the Allegheny. I read a story about a year ago when the city was first considering it and the were talking about building a launch by the new convention center. It would be way cool!

Jon-they didn't mention what the other cities were,but they did say we plunked down between $500,000 and $750,000.

Greg--if your ever in town for a few days,let me know.I would be more than happy to take you out on the river.

Steve

Greg,

Ditto here. Same goes for all members!

Rich D

It'll take a lot more money than that to get them there,...

Host cities pay that much for a regular OPEN!! It'll take a $Mill PLUS to get a BMC!!

I know that Charlotte is in the running for 2005 also. They wanted both 2004 and 2005, but BASS only does one year at a time.

The new coliseum is set to open during the summer of 2005, and the Classic, if it comes here, may well be the first event held.

Best of luck, regardless, on the bid. BASS usually ventures North for a classic every now and again. Might be time to do it again.

Tex

Yeah, and I doubt any PA residents will be firing shotguns over the bow of angler's boats! LOL

Latest posts

Back