Pennsylvania Retirement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Sailer

Reaction score
My trend is to always swim upstream. In this case I'm thinking of retirement in PA.

I know, moving from Florida to Pennsylvania???? Son and daughter and all the grand kids wound up in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and sounds like they plan to stay.

Anyone with any input on a nice little small town near the eastern border with New Jersey?

I have two years to check things out and decide. Any of you PA guy's with any suggestions? I would actually like to try that snowmobile thing I see on TV.

Current e-mail address is: [email protected]

Thanks

wow, can't really help you with a location, this is a bit out of the norm.

My retirement plans include a snowmobile as well. I will buy a brand new sled and load it up on a trailer. I will start driving south. when someone stops me to ask what that "thing" is on my trailer, I will retire there.

Maybe you can do the opposite ?

P

Pierre - don't stop that far north, come on down GA way! You are less then a day's drive from the Gulf and Atlantic coasts plus bass, bass and more bass!

Dsailer - Great idea to have a plan and look 2 years out is even better! Though I can't imagine going back north for the winter ever to live. I've moved from NY, to Indiana to Chicago to Indy to Houston to Atlanta, if anything I may go as FAR north as South Carolina to retire!! Ideally i'd like a winter place on the Gulf Coast and a summer place up by Pierre in Canada! DOn't know if i'll ever have enough $$ though.

Good luck!

It's scarey that South Dakota is actually south for me.:lol:

Texas T, I know what you have in mind and that is my plan also. I have soent alot of time in the Mountain Home area and plan on my golden years there. Lakes everywhere and great people. Land seems to be fairly cheep also. If my kids want to see me they will know where I'm at.

Nashville is way too far north for me. In 10 yrs it is the Redneck Riviera, baby.

Yeah Rich. We are 'visiting' over Thanksgiving this year to do some preliminary 'shopping'. And if the house sells by then (in E. Texas), we might be doing some buying.

Took up fly fishing last fall and love it. If I can retire up there, might even try doing a small amount of guiding, and get back into making custom rods.

Tex

I will start driving south. when someone stops me to ask what that "thing" is on my trailer, I will retire there.
Sounds like a great place to retire to me Pierre!!!! Good luck to all!

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back