Ooooo... New Truck!!!

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Well - I have a new tow vehicle now! I wasn't planning on it, but I got one today. This is what happened:

My co-workers wife's vehicle - a mini van which my co-worker had only paid a grand or so for, sprung a "leak" the other day - leaking water from a freeze plug and I think he said the water pump too. Anyway, he took it to a repair shop, and they quoted him a price close to what he had in the van, just to repair the leak - so he decides - "time to go shopping". He calls me up to tell me what he was finding on the lots, and he didn't sound too happy, so I mentioned, not really being to serious - but the offer was genuine, that "you can buy my truck for what I owe on it - about $9K or so.". Well, within a few hours, we were "test driving" my current truck - and his wife loved it. So he goes out and gets a check for my truck - so now I HAVE TO GET A NEW VEHICLE (twist my arm, will ya?! :lol: )

So today I shopped for my "gotta have it" truck - and I bought it home tonight about 9pm - a fully loaded Black Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4, Hemi, SLT. Got it through my wifes "Associates Program" from work, and saved about a fourth of the sticker price. I'm pretty happy right now. Too late at night for pictures. I'll post some tomorrow.

Congratulations on the new ride Glenn. Nothing like a new vehicle, I bought a new Jeep :cool:about a month ago. I've wanted a Jeep since high school. Now that both of my boys are driving and have cars of their own, my wife gave me the 10-4 to buy my Jeep.

Steve

Steve,

I went back and forth between a new Jeep Grand Cherokee or the truck I have now. Either one, I'm sure I would be happy with. In the end, I just decided that a deer wouldn't fit well in the back cargo area of a Jeep.... and I didn't want to buy one of those basket things for the hitch to carry one.... at least that was my reasoning. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Congrats on the new Dodge. I have the same truck in white,(pic in my library). You will love the ride and the comfort of the large cab. Have a good one. Chris F.:D

Glenn - Enjoy the gas mileage, too! LOL I have an '03 quad 5.9 litre with 20" rims. Love the truck but not the amount of gas it goes through!

Congrats on the new truck you will love it. The new Hemi with the MDS gets much better gas mileage then the old 5.7 and the 5.9. Don't worry about the gas mileage too much our 2007 Dodge Ram w/5.7 is getting 15/16 in the city and 19/20 on the Hwy.

Cass

Back