OK bank Fishing - Tips?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang - Eli and I will do some bank fishing from Lake Oolagah while at my In laws. Were bringing some spinning gear (2 piece rods they fit in the car easier!), and wonder what baits we should bring?? I was thinking cranks, Shakeyheads and Jigs with plastics, figuring the water will be cold, and fish lethargic.

Any other ideas?

Tox - this is Eli were talking about, he won't have ANYTHING to do with live bait for bass!! LOL

Finesse worms. (Junebug, Redbug, black,...) T-rig (Doodle rig) with a bullet weight, bead and hook. Drag, stop, rattle (shake in place), repeat s-l-o-w-l-y. If you think you're going too slow, slow down some more. Good luck!;)

Sliders with 4" finesse worms. As described, SLOW is the key word here. If this is a small lake or pond, bring some small white spinnerbaits along and slow roll them. Not the big honkers, but something that has a small profile.

Enjoy!

Tex

Weightless Zoom flukes to match the hatch. I prefer white [actually I think they call it Pearl] all the time.

Eli asked me this afternoon "Why AREN'T we bringing our boat?" LOL to Scott!

Its a decent sized lake, they do have hybrids/stripers below the dam, and PADDLEFISH! last year we saw a lady bring one in, it was HUGE!

Latest posts

Back