Nitro catches fish! Thanks Backwaters!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK had the AM free by myself to fish. Slept in and got the family out of the house! Hit the water around 8:30am. First stop picked up a dink on a spinnerbait, and then ZERO for the next 3 hours!! IT was PERFECT weather, cool and overcast, thought the water was still 80 degrees! Anywho, I knew Eli was going for a boat ride and Beka was gonna drop him off around 1pm, so at noon, I had ZERO keepers in the boat and promised to show Noah and Eli how the Nitro Livewell worked! So... One last strip of bank I decided to try, I set myself up to throw 4 different lures. First a Spinnerbait, then a jerk bait, then a crank bait, and the last rod was rigged with Sim's suggestion from Backwaters.com - a 3/8 oz jig with a Baby Paca Craw trailer. Well first 3 rods got me ZIP. Last rod with the jig/trailer was for pitching at a blowdown. Well I pitched the jig, and let it sit for a few seconds while I moved my other rods out of the way. I turned back and my line was MOVING!!! Hookset and one keeper in the livewell!! A decent, though not huge, 14inch Spot. 5 mins later on the same blowdown got one more!! Filled the livewell and headed to get Eli. Took the picture below with the 2 fish, let them go and Eli and I went riding.

We stopped for lunch in a cove, and Eli said he found his favorite seat! The rear one with NO post!!!

A while later we stopped at some blowdowns and Eli told me to fish while he watched. Well, first pitch of the jig/trailer and I thought I hooked a tree! Told Eli i'd spin the boat around to get her loose and as I did he said "Daddy, your rod is moving!" Well seems a nice bass decided to help me out and unhook my jig and take a bite!! Thats the last picture, Eli took that one!

Well... I've now broke her in, 3 fish all in the mid-day sun/heat off blowdowns.

Thanks Sim for the suggestions on the Jig and Baby Paca Craw trailer, and thanks Backwaters.com for carrying them!!

Sept Nitro 2 Bass for web.JPG

sept Eli in short Nitro seat.jpg

Sept Nitro Bass for web.JPG

Great job Mike! That's the way to break in a livewell. To pick up your numbers, try the run and gun on open water schoolies. (Main lake/river creek mouths.) It's a mixed bag of catch, but a dozen plus has been the count. It's only going to get better also. Fall is just around the bend!!

Nice job Trep! That's the way my little guy likes to ride.....postless!

DSCN1570.JPG

Notice right hand: Easy to reach to Fritos when you're sitting looooow.

Sully - I know their legs will eventualy grow longer, but its soo CUTE (as the ladies say) when they sit postless!! Eli did get a few good casts off, his Grand Dad (Beka's dad) gave him a brand knew crankbait out of his tackle box back in August and this was our first time trying it. he didn't get any hits but cast like a pro!

Bill -Thanks buddy, unfortunetly we're not getting up North this fall, the whole family is comming down (beka's side) for Turkey day, we'll have 8 house guests (Sister with 2 boys and hubby [oh boy, you KNOW I can't wait), 2 brothers and mom-dad. For the first time in 10 years i'm taking (and have earned enough) vacation that week. I'll be out fishing EVERY day but Thanksgiving!!! I'll be taking her brothers, Eli and her Dad (we'll figure the logistics later, maybe if I have bad luck and still own TWO boats, we'll take everyone!!!!LOL).

Trep , That picture of Eli on the postless seat is a true 'keeper'!!! Great Pic! Glad you had a good day!

Sully, the Fritos are in the right spot!

Mike L

Trep, Zachary was fond of the post-less seat, too. Actually, we all were. It's a comfortable lounging position.

Very glad you caught fish.

Latest posts

Back