Oh Bob...Motor Question..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
2000 150XR6..Starts right up, idles well..accelerate to come out of the hole and it bogs down and stalls out. If I putter along and slooooooowly come out of the hole it usually won't bog down and stall but it will act like it wants to, but sometimes it still does stall. Does not make a difference if its warm or cold or whether I squeeze the primer bulb or not. Its been doing it for the last couple years. I've changed out fuel lines, primer bulb, plugs, installed a water separating fuel filter, even had it tuned up by a merc mechanic and told him of the issue..of course he couldnt duplicate it in the shop..he did adjust some things, nothing has made a difference. What next..? The motor runs very well otherwise, its just a pain getting up and running at times..sometimes I will bog down and stall out 5 or 6 times before I actually get going.

When it does stall, how hard is it to re-start? If it requires liberal use of the choke {enrichner}, the motor is LEAN....which is what I suspect. Try this.....when you are attempting to get on plane, push the choke, and see how it responds. Let me know the outcome and we'll go from there. ;)

Pushing the choke seemed to help when this initially started happening some time ago, but it didn't help every time. Last year, I noticed that pushing the choke would actually make it stall out quicker. I haven't had it out yet this year.

Latest posts

Back