Off to hunting camp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Feist

Reaction score
My son and I just loaded up the truck for hunting camp. I am the person that does all of the food shopping and most of the cooking for camp. I had to go to about five different places to get everything that we need. When we got done filling the truck, I looked at the amount of food that I had purchased all placed in one location and realized that I have more stuff to feed five adults and three teenagers for five days that I have to feed my family for two weeks. Now you have to realize that I have all of those nutritious foods like Little Debbie cakes, pistaschio nuts, about ten packages of miniature cande bars and the like but there is a real pile of food there. My 12 year old daughter went shopping with me for some of the stuff and she gets mad because I buy all of the junk food for the camp and nothing near the pile for home. I have an easy meal planned for tonight, spaghetti and meatballs. Sunday is roasted chicken and stuffing, Monday (the first day of deer season tradition) is pork loin and sauerkraut with hot dogs and kolbassi on the side. Tuesday is elk roast (one of our guys shot a 5 X 5 in Colorado about two weeks ago), Wednesday is leftovers. Of course I have about 10# of lunch meat and cheese for lunches and I make pizza's (no, not frozen) on the evenings when people need/want more food. Luckily, I only have two stops on the way to camp. I forgot to buy rope to drag deer out of the woods and a side jaunt to the liquor store for a few bottles of Captain Morgan. (The Captain and I have become good friends since I found out that I was allergic to beer). There is a half keg on tap already from last weekend's trip for beer/bear season (when we go to camp to get ready for deer season and not hunt bears) and someone else will pick up a second half since I don't have any more room in my truck. No, four guys won't drink 2 half kegs alone. We get lots of visitors when we are at camp and of course we share our hospitality. Well, it's time to go. Any of you PA guys that are going out on Monday, good luck and stay safe. For the rest of you in other states... my wish is the same.

Back