Fishing with brother in AL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Got up at 3am, and left at 4. Got to Fayette AL at 8:10 where we picked up ice, drinks, bait and headed for Fayette County Lake. But disaster strikes (kinda). We found out its now closed on Mondays AND Tuesdays. That SUCKS, so we called Lamar County Lake, they too are closed on Tuesdays so now it REALLY sucks. Brother mentions the city parks and I forgot about it (since you can't use a boat there). So we go and he mentions a slew at the back side of the lake. I can't really call it a slew, its a drainage ditch for the lake overflow BUT there is fish in there. That ditch wasn't 4ft across at most.

SecretBassHole.jpg~original

But out of that little hole I caught these two on a beetle jig and 17ft crappie rod so I was having to sight fish. The first one was the biggest in the bunch we could see.

Basshalfpound.jpg~original

He might have been a half pound MAYBE. But the next one was only about 3 times bigger than the jig
smiley36.gif

bassfingerling.jpg~original

But the lake will be open tomorrow, so 5am is coming early so we can be on the water by 7am

heck I ain't proud. After being laid up most of this year I was hard up for a pull on the line, however short it is LOL :rolleyes::confused:;):)

I didn't do so hot today other than get hot. Brother though did good. We fished Fayette County Lake today and he caught one catfish. I was skunked since I was trying for crappie and bass.

Ivanfightingafish.jpg~original

catfishintheboat.jpg~original

Ivanandhis3lbcatfish.jpg~original

Well brother skunked me bad on the catfish today. I switched from red wigglers to nightcrawlers and only had 2 hits and they never came back to it. He was fishing the same liver he bought on Tues and even though we were keeping it cold in the cooler, it was just RANK and I'm glad the wind was blowing ever so slightly away from me EXCEPT when at the end he dumped them and then I like to have lost everything I ate for the past 3 days it smelled SO BAD, but evidently the cats loved it. Two of his 4 cats hit it within 30 seconds of it hitting the water. We did try some early for crappie but they weren't as active as the day before. So finished up at 9:30am so I could load up and get back to the hotel to checkout at noon and go home but it was a GREAT 4 days. I can't get over how much he looks like our dad when he was that age (53 - I'm 64).

Ivan2of3.jpg~original

Ivan3of3sitting.jpg~original

Ivan3of3kneeling.jpg~original

Ivan1of3.jpg~original

Now its rest time until Tues 5am when I head to Houma LA for some redfish/trout action for 5 days.

Latest posts

Back