Not gone, just covered up . . . .

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
I really miss being here on the site as regular as I used to be, however . . . .

I'm just really covered up and work, and by the time I get home and eat, it's usually well after 8:00PM and I'm fast asleep in the recliner.

The Stratos has been updated recently. I ordered two brand new replacement winshields for the two consoles and have installed them. Really makes it easier to see, and spiffy also.

Bought a Minn Kota Maxxum 65 (ebay) and have replaced the old tired and true Evinrude trolling motor. Man, that Maxxum is soooooo much quieter than the Rude motor. And when I put it up on 4/5, it perks right along! The other feature that I love that I didn't have, is the constant on button/switch.

Biggest problem in getting used to it is that 'backkup' is exactly opposite on the Maxxum as my old motor. I'm guessing that I'll get used to that eventually. I'm also going to tie it down to the deck, so that it doesn't flop around like the old one. This one is big enough (foot control) that I can easily get to it from the center.

Bad news is that I HAVEN'T CAUGHT ONE FISH YET THIS YEAR! I know I haven't fished all that much, but you figure with 4 tourney days, plus a couple of three other times for 2-3 hours, I would have at least hit one in the head by now.

I have a 'Classic' tourney within our club next Saturday, so I'm going to be ready.

Anyway, I'll try and pop in a little more often, but until I get my 'project staff' back up to snuff at work, I have zero time to do much else.

Tight lines to all.

Tex

Latest posts

Back