Non boater needed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Anyone interested in fishing the BFL on Champlain on June 18 in Ticonderoga?

I need a guaranteed non boater to get in. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me. I would like to register this week.

I've heard that they're SEVERAL (40-50??) non-boaters short for that one,....I have a buddy who's fishing the No.MI. one as a non-boater and the FLW called him twice so far and told him that if he payed to fish the Cleveland/Erie tournament, they'd give him a free entry into the Champlain BFL. He declined the offer.....but they're still hurting for riders for NY.:blink:

Sue,

The tourney is on the south end of the lake in Ticonderoga or Ti for short. It's Saturday, June 18th. The pretourney meeting is Friday night the 17th, but with a gold card membership in the FLW you can have someone else go for you if you can't make it. So if someone was running late, I could get their boat #, and draw partner and all the other info needed.

I think the cost to the non boater is about $80 for the tourney and you would need a FLW membership. You can get a 1 year, and again, you can up for the gold card too.

It's is customary to give the boater about $20 for gas. As for lodging, all the rooms are booked. I have a place to stay with Mark K from this site, but I can work on some back up places to stay. I do have a friend who is a pastor of a nearby church that could probably put someone up. If you're interested, e-mail me and we can go over particular details. If I didn't have to be at the pretourney meeting, I would just stay at my own house and drive down in the morning. It's only about an hour to an hour and a half. There are also state campsites down there too.

Thanks for the info Rob. I was considering trying to make it. but don't think I can swing it.:(

Sue

Worry about getting into your house first and getting all set there. Then worry about swinging a trip to Champlain on the north end at Chateau LaMoy.

I'm already signed up as a non boater Rob, or I would have helped you out. I have to start looking for lodging, was gonna start calling today. Guess I better get hot on that. Thanks for the info. Maybe we can all get together for a brew on Friday? This will be my first BFL event, so I'm pretty excited to see what its all about.

Latest posts

Back