No new 'Glass in my future!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
MSRP's for the New Skeeter F/X models rigged with the new Yamaha 4 strokes: :wacko::blink:

FX21/SHO250 $70,810, FX21/SHO225 $69,460, FX20/SHO250 $69,280, FX20/SHO225 $67,930

$71GRAND for a Bassboat?!...oh,..and that does NOT include Tax, Shipping, Prep, or Cover!

That's just insane....and people whine about the price of gas!!

Are these the Bernie Madoff specials???

I'm with you, I have no idea who in their right mind would spend that type of money for a Bass Boat. :wacko:

Tex

I checked my Powerball ticket this morning,,,,,looks like I will be fishing in my 2000 Nitro again this year!! Bass boat prices ARE insane!! Maybe it's time to back to aluminum!

That's got to be one heck of a typo.

If not, they wont have to worry about the molds wearing out for a long time.

(and everyone says the rangers are overpriced)

My meticulously maintained aluminum is looking very good right now! Very good!

I'm liking my "gently used" $5500 Tracker better all the time.......:D

Scott

My space age looking tuna can cost enough. We got a load of Z7's and a Z8 with a 200 OPTI I'll go look at the prices tonight.

Mike

fatrap

Hopefully this will help my less than 10k Skeeter sell. :lol:

Man, some manufacturers are out of their minds, even when the economy is GREAT spending $50k for a normal person is crazy on a weekend hobby, but $70k+ thats more then both my first houses!!! And thats more then the combined price I paid for my last 4 cars PLUS my last 2 boats!!

Yup my 1999 Nitro rocks!

You could get a Z 9 and a x series still have some left, Ill keep my blue 175 tin tracker

Yup, likin' my gently used G3 more and more. Gotta love the used market!

I LOVE MY TRACKER,I LOVE MY TRACKER,I LOVE MY TRACKER,I LOVE MY TRACKER,

It would be absolutely ridiculous to purchase a Bass boat at those prices!:eek:

I'm with Mac.. A couple or three years ago at a local gas station there was a guy in front of me in a brand new, with temporary tags, Denali and pulling a spanking new, I forget the model but I'm sure it had a 225 on it, Ranger and filling both vehicles up with gas.

The whole time he was *****ing about the price of gas to a workman in an older econoline!:angry: I felt like telling him to shut the h--l up but as you all know, I'm just too nice to do something like that:rolleyes:

And I guarantee you that you will see those boats going down the road.

Uncle Billy

Its not only Skeeter folks....

Those are MSRP prices, hardly anyone pays that price....

Price out a Ranger or a BassCat....they have now entered into the realm of Allison!

For most of us, even the ones who participate in tournaments, this is a hobby. The price has to be "justifiable".... A mid six figure income, lottery win, or a rich uncle might make an investment of $50-60,000 (or more) "justifiable". But, top end boat prices have flown off into the stratosphere at an alarming rate. I hear it from the guys on the walleye side, "no mas". I hope these manufactmurers are not living in their own dream world. Jacobs talks about re-inventing Ranger with his new technology and an emphasis on affordable and entry level boats. I hope that happens.

It BETTER happen or the industry as it is now, is DONE!! I've been saying for years now,..it's hi-time to bring back the 90-115hp and under circuits!! Those will be the only boats that the avg. working person can afford!!

This is getting beyond ridiculous. The pricing mentioned above is not even fully loaded with the upgrades many would choose. These last several years' pricetags are not being justified with their product content. IMHO

We have an 2009 Z7 with a 150 OPTI sitting next to the front door. A STEAL at 28K that's $1400 off sticker:lol:

fatrap

do these Madoff specials catch fish any better than my #3K old batter tin boat? Can I pull it with my wife's 4 cyl in a pinch?.

NOT

That's just like pick-up trucks the working man cn barely afford was was designed for him "his truck".

Feel like I'm reading about new home prices *right* before the housing collapse :) If you can't sell 100 boats, sell 50 at twice the profit? (Numbers used for comparison purpose only...)

David

"Glass" prices are outragous. I'm really liking my 2008 Lowe 1652VT Roughneck! Got the boat w/two batts, front tm, and a nice painted trailer w/spare tire, new in June of '07 for around $5500. Use it on local electric-only waters, and it's quiet. :)

http://www.nitroowners.com/~library/15483/2008%20Lowe%201652VT%20Roughneck/'08%20Lowe%20Boat2.JPG

http://www.nitroowners.com/~library/15483/2008%20Lowe%201652VT%20Roughneck/Flash%20Pic%20at%20Dusk%204-16-08.jpg

Latest posts

Back