Nitro ZV19 Fishing Seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdonaldson12

Reaction score
Just bought 2020 Nitro ZV19. Bought an extra full seat for fishing. Boat was delivered with both fishing seats mounted in the floor behind the captain's & passenger seats. We've tried everything (short of a hammer!) to pull those seats up to move to the fishing decks! One of the poles (guessing it's the extra I bought) has a black plastic release tab on the pole right at the floor. Instruction sticker says "push to release"... but no luck. Other one does not have the release, can't get it to budge. Has anyone experienced? What are we doing wrong?

At least call the dealership and discuss. My 2018 Z18 is made different, can't be of much help.
Vic

We have similar seats on our 2019 Pro Guide V175, that are also hard to remove. We found that my pressing the black tab in while rocking the seat up and down works the best. After a few times they get easier to remove.

I had the same issue with my old 911-CDC. I used a large pair of channel locks (with a cloth to protect the surface as much as possible) to start the pole twisting to break it free. Then I used some silicone spray to lube the plastic insert which did help.

On my 2000 911CD I had to take a pipe wrench to the seat pole and twist it out. The seat post was tired and it needed to be swapped out so I wasn't too conserned about how the post looked once I pulled it out. Just wrap your seat post with a few layers of Alabama Crome (duct tape) to the seat post for protection and then go at it carefully with the pipewrench.
This is where I am addressing your comment. Once out I swapped in a new seatpost and actually had to make the new post smaller. (I didn't want to open up the mounting hole, because the next seat post that I might need to buy might be made to the proper diameter and actually match the boat). I used an orbital sander on the seat post to make it a bit smaller, (I removed the plastic locking tab so I wouldn't damage it) sanding a little and checking for fit often (you can't add more material). I wasn't that concerned if the seatpost became a little "flatted" from my sanding, just keep working your way around outside of the post. Once the sizing felt still tight but managable, I grabbed a couple of fingers full of lithium grease and smeared the seat-post hole in the boat deck and then worked the seat post in, making sure that it wasn't too tight.
Hope this helps...

Latest posts

Back