Nitro Z7 2013

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Rife

Reaction score
Guys I'm getting ready to pull the pin on a 2013 Z7, I have the option of going with the

150L 4 stroke or the 150 2 stroke optimax or optimax Pro XS. Boat is already rigged with the 4 stroke. I value your guys opinion a very great deal what are thoughts here on these engines.

Congrats on your boat. I will pick up my new Z8 with 250 opti this Friday. Just due to performance I'm a 2 stroke fan myself. But the 4 strokes are great motors as well. They both have advantages and disadvantages. Just google the difference in 4 and 2 stroke outboards and there is a wealth of info out there for you to compare and make your decision.

I have the 2 stroke 150 XL and love it but I would be very happy with 4 stroke also. The 4 is quieter and you could troll with it.

I have a Pro XS 175 on my Z7 and love it. Of course mine is a 2008, had it 4 years. And if anyone is looking I have it for sale on the swap and sell boards.

I've had the same question,4 stroke or 2 stroke, because I am looking at the 2013 Z7 myself. The only thing I will tell you is you will go nuts with all the info there is out there. Too many different opinions on all the sites I visited. Good Luck !!!

I know what you mean Gibson theres to much information. Well I did take Toxics advice and decided not to take the baby steps and I got what I can fish anywhere I want to go. I bought a 2013 Z7 I found at The Boat show this past weekend It has the 150 4 stroke Hydraulic steering will have lowrance w/GPS in the dash and the Lowrance that came in the dash they will flush mount in the bow. Keelshield installed. I got the heavy traierble cover and the trailer has brakes and the vortex hubs with LED lights. I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how to get it on here it's been a while.
Z7.jpg

Good choice. You will enjoy that rig. Just like in the car world, "There is no replacement for displacement"!! Max TM size and Max outboard are the 2 things I require on every boat I have ever owned. A maxed out outboard allows you to fudge a little on set-up because you can overpower the little quirks that a smaller motor can't. Keep us posted....and btw....break that motor in by the book...NO CHEATING!!:lol:

I got a chance to try the four storke out verses the Optimax 2 Stroke I went with the opti with the same electronics deal same boat just different color 2012 instead of 13 and saved over 2 grand. I couldn't see that much money difference in the 2 boats. Only difference EZ Lube hubs on the 2012 versus vortec on the "13 and 2 vs 4 stroke.

Latest posts

Back