Nitro Z-6 electrical issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kary Nulisch

Reaction score
Hi,

Have a 2011 Z-6. Two weeks ago worked fine, today got in and there was no power, looked like the master power switch was set to on. Put the charger on the batteries and they do not seem too bad and are charging, checked all of the fuses I could see in the fuse box, but cannot get any power. The horn wont blow, the master power switch wont turn on, the motor wont turn. Is there a fuse or some other thing I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise.

Hey Kary. I, too, have a 2011 Z-6. I also forgot to turn off the master power switch once (for three days) and it took another two days to charge my three batteries back up. Not sure why but I probably left live-well switches on or something.

my .02

;)

So the cranking battery is DOA and I got it figured out with some troubleshooting.....here is what I did. Hope this helps anyone else who might have a similar issue.

1) Took a trolling motor off of my Jon boat and connected it separately to each battery in the Nitro. It worked fine on the deep cell battery but not at all on the cranking battery.

2) Pulled the cranking battery and hooked it to a different battery charger.....it signaled "Bad Battery".

3) Took the battery out of my Jon boat and connected it in the Z-6 as the cranking battery.

Everything then started working just like it should be. One fun note, when taking out the original cranking battery I found that the positive cable from the internal charger was not even connected.....thanks a lot Bass Pro Shops.

Remaining question I have is why both batteries would have to be connected and working for anything electronic to work....even the horn.

I see now where the cranking battery is used for everything but the trolling motor....makes sense now.

Latest posts

Back