Nitro Speed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just thoguht id post my current speed and setup on my 05 640lx

Top Speed = 51mph @ 5750rpm

Motor = 90HP Optimax

Prop = 22P laser 2

Mount = Engine mounted 1 hole from max height, no jack plate

overall = Boat performs 100 times better with 22p opposed to the 20p i was running, much more lift in the tail end. engine sounds better, planes better at low speed and turns better, reduced porpoising alot.

Question 1. Should i install a 4 or 5 inch jackplate? Woudl this do anything for my boat?

Quesion 2. What are others getting with there 640s

Thanks

Mike

IMG_7711a.jpg

I told you that was the set-up!:lol:

I think that boat is to short for a jackplate with a 375lb motor. A clasic 90 maybe as it is quite a bit lighter but not the Opti.

By the way - Did you hit up Simons yet for the ECU upgrade you mentioned in the past or are you still stock?

Byron mate,

My motor is still stock.

A guy in my town i know has a 640lx with 90 opti tuned to 125HP, 6 inch plate and 25p prop. He is running only 56mph. He ran 56 without the plate too. so i guess they do not compliment the 640 at all.

Byron i will be retuning it to 125hp soon, 1st i have to get hydraulic steering.

Anyone else have their numbers?

The ECU upgrade mentioned is a re-flash of the factory programming. If warranty is no concern I've heard of some great performance adds by a re-flash to max the powerhead output.

Have to agree that at that hull length, setback from pad isn't going to make much, if any, improvement with that configuration. It may actually do more harm, reducing the pad size for handling at WOT. I'd spend the $$$ on more tackle toys! :D Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

Back