News on the job front

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, when things are not working (little response to applying for jobs) - you need to change something. So, I went back and worked on my resume to both improve it with some better analysis and descriptions of my achievements and shorten it. By shortening it to 3 pages, it also basically reduced the appearance of my age by about 20 years. Yes, I do believe that was at least a factor. Also, I am using a friends address in the DFW area, and have added a new cell phone to my plan, based out of DFW.

Results?

I'm in the process of interviewing for a position as a PM in Irving, with a company that provides services to Cittigroup that is moving some operations to DFW from NYC. Headed to DFW area today for Lunch with the Account Exec.

Then, yesterday afternoon, got a call directly from MetLife where I applied for a Sr. Project Leader position. Sure would be nice to have a 'choice'.

All in all positive activities happening. Likey, if I get either of these, that I'll rent a small 1 bedroom or a Studio Apartment and 'communte' back and forth. Home at the lake on the weekends, work in town (won't be much different than the travelling I did for EDS) during the week.

Just had to follow the old adage: Definition of Crazy: Doing the same thing and expecting different results.

So, Good Morning to all, and hope that you are having a great day and week.

Tex

That is great news... Wish you didn't have to work at all... But, if you, it's good to have positive prospects.

I am often reminded of that rule myself... But, I ned no excuse to define myself as crazy...

Tex, prayers sent for you. Praying you get a job, and it works out to be the best you ever had.

Bubby:)

Latest posts

Back