New Z8

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Hey all,

with the lack of snow here in the North East along with a touch or cabin fever. I started looking around for a new boat. I was able to work out a deal on a State Team boat from a local fisherman that i have been in contact with over the last 8yrs or so.

This being a time sensitive sale, I listed my 2003 NX882 for sale and as a complete shock to me. I had it sold with cash in hand in less than 7 days. A true testimant of keeping your boat like new for 9yrs.

I quickly secured this 2011 Z8 with from what i can tell has all but the kitchen sink added as options.

I am pretty excited as I have been contemplating this for a few yrs and just could never justify the cost of a new boat rigged like this one.

Here is a few pics I took the other night while sealing the deal!

THINK SPRING.

Picture 001.jpg
Picture 008.jpg
Picture 014.jpg

Congrats Greg, thats a sweet boat.

Jim,

I am pretty jacked. Its been a long time in the 882. No complaints with that hull at all, if this boat holds up as well as the last one did over 10 years it will be well worth the expense.

It is well equiped and not sure of anything that is missing other than an adjustable pole for the butt seat.

GregD

Ps, a guy out your way bought my boat. You just may see it on the water this summer.

Im sure it will hold up every bit as well. The quality difference between my Z7 and my old 882 was evident to me instantly when i picked mine up.

I know you are goign to love it once you get it on the water. You know that im still totally happy with my 7. I would love to have an 8 and maybe someday in the future i will now that i have a place to park a boat that size. Although im happy with the 7 so i dont see that changing any time soon....

I agree with the quality differance. Dash materials used seats, carpets ect.

Looks great and the wife was equally excited (thank god).

I will give you the details when i see you on the water. It was one of those deals you just dont walk away from....

Could never had done this with a typical sale.

Power poles???

not really something i feel i need here in NH. Perhaps you could shed some light on the advantages of them.

As far as electronics.It has HDS7s with structure scan front and rear. I had the HDS7&5 on the 882. I know there are a lot of Hum Bird fans here, But i have become fond of these units. I hope they dont let me down. Structure scan is going to be a big upgrade for me.

LOL Tox...

We dont need no stinkin powerpoles up here.... They dont have much use when fishing for smallies in 25-30' :lol: We will know right were you are tho Greg, they make a great flag pole.

Now that new 360deg sonar that Humminbird just announced, well thats another story. If i wanted to blow a wad of fat cash on a gadget that hung off the back of the boat that would be it. A power pole would be handy soemtimes in the shallow lakes i fish in MA but it dont think its worth the money for the few times it would be useful. A guy in my club has one and the only time he uses it is when he beaches his boat to keep the rear steady. For me the only time i would use it is in extreme wind and if its really windy i like to drift anyway an cover some ground, i use a drift sock to slow me to the speed i want to go.

How can it not need electronics? They are obsolete the day you mount them. No side scan tsk, tsk, you'll never find the fish...:lol: 360 degree a must have. Next up fish targeting where you input the type and size of fish, all relative conditions...and the unit ads water depth, temp, structure, then picks out the bait ties it on, casts it and delivers the rod to you. And remember you Norfers, you do go shallow for bedders and you can also tie your drift socks on them!!(Power Poles that is):lol:

TOXIC

um Tox.... "As far as electronics.It has HDS7s with structure scan front and rear" is that not side scan? Im not up on the latest lowrance because i wanted electronics that worked a few years back but last i checked structure scan was side and down. :lol:

"And remember you Norfers, you do go shallow for bedders and you can also tie your drift socks on themAnd remember you Norfers, you do go shallow for bedders and you can also tie your drift socks on them!!"

Just what i need a $1200 cleat :lol:

No need for a power pole that situation.... By the time the power pole is deployed we can already have a couple in the boat. :lol: A smallie on a bed = 1 cast :lol:

Jim

i agree with you, there is no need for a power pole at Newfound for smallies.

You will never see one on my boat.

After this purchase, there is no way i am going to HumBird.....

Keep your coments to yourself Mr Lowrance Hater:D

"Keep your coments to yourself Mr Lowrance Hater "

Hey now, didnt you put your foot thru one?....:lol::lol: I never did that, just smashed one into a billion pieces with a deadblow hammer....:p

Tox, "structure scan" is Lowrances name for thier down and side imaging product.

Hey Greg - congratulations on the boat. It looks great! As far as anything missing, I can only think of one thing - me on the back of it on Newfound Lake!! I'll look for you, JimB and any other guys in our area there this year. I am skipping Winnisquam for Newfound and Little Sebago in Maine.

Man, I am getting real envious of both you and JimB.

Yes Jim, i may have kicked a lowrance unit off the bow a few yrs ago... How does that matter.

Bill,

you know have an open invite any time.

Greg,

Let me ask a question, remember your Dell from a few years back? Would you buy another one??? I feel the same way about Lowrance.

I think you understand one half of my frustration with Lowrance, back that up with totally incompetent/aloof customer service and you have the reasons why i wont give them my money any more...... They used up all of my good will and i don't plan of going back there ever. I don't feel i should ever had to be so frustrated with something that i want to put my foot thru it or smash it with a hammer or want to drive it up a telephone pole ect.

I also like the fact that im going on three straight years without having to send my electronics back for repair, i haven't had this since i had Garmin's on my boat a long time ago.

Jim,

I hear you loud and clear. Just giving you some sh#t.

I hope I never have to deal with the Lowrance issues I had two yrs ago or the Dell disaster that you know to all to well about.

Thanks Bob, I am pretty excited to get the season going.

Hey thanks Mike.

I hope to see you up here in the spring continuing your tradition, in memory of you're fishing partner.

Latest posts

Back