New to the group. 2023 Z19 Pro, 200 Pro XP 4 stroke.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Battery volt meter intermittently works. Brand new boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230721_152023.jpg
    20230721_152023.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230721_152000.jpg
    20230721_152000.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Congrats to the new boat,

Awesome colors

Now the fun part, go through the whole boat and check for loose screws, bolts, wire connections and don't forget the trailer. The steps should not squeak when stepped on. Document everything and take pictures. I had issues with the side plates of the trolling motor being loose and steps on trailer squeaked.

I bet the intermittent volt meter is a loose connection somewhere.

Out on the water check for leaks in the bilge from fittings, check that the livewell drains out and not into the boat.

Just to help you

Remove the windscreen and then the metal plate. Check that all the connections are tight, especially on the fuse box. If tight, loosen the volt meter connections a little and retighten. Is probably a loose connection. Good luck. I have a Z19 too and the tachometer occasionally wigs out but will then fix itself. I use the Mercury smart gauge to get all the info on my Lowrance. Much more accurate than the mechanical gauges.

I have 2023 z19 as well. Found 2 leaks first time out.... Like others have suggest go through everything, you have 30 days for misc. Crap. I had a finger print on the inside of my touch screen and they said it was my fault and it was past 30 days. (Bought in Dec, didnt use till May)I showed them a picture the dealership took before I even owned the boat, and the miraculously changed their mind and sent me a new unit.

Also, do you have a hydrolic jack plate? Order the guage from Bob's and put it where the volt meter guage is. That guage is useless anyway...... 😀

Nice boat!

Buy some 1/2 inch spiral wire wrap and screw it onto all the wires coming form the gunnel (upper side of the top) into your console, Nitro just cut a hole there and the edges are very sharp on the fiberglass. Warning, you will cut yourself doing it, just think of what it's doing to your wiring bouncing across a lake. Nitro has the worst wiring set-up I have ever seen. Even the decal on my 2022 Z19 fuse box is wrong. Wire colors change without reason and colors don't match any known standards. I literally have black 4-guage cables that run to the positive terminals on the battery with some shrink wrap at the end that is marked +. Try seeing that in the dark.

Buy some 1/2 inch spiral wire wrap and screw it onto all the wires coming form the gunnel (upper side of the top) into your console, Nitro just cut a hole there and the edges are very sharp on the fiberglass. Warning, you will cut yourself doing it, just think of what it's doing to your wiring bouncing across a lake. Nitro has the worst wiring set-up I have ever seen. Even the decal on my 2022 Z19 fuse box is wrong. Wire colors change without reason and colors don't match any known standards. I literally have black 4-guage cables that run to the positive terminals on the battery with some shrink wrap at the end that is marked +. Try seeing that in the dark.
Cut corners and save money seems to be more important than quality and safety.

Thanks for the heads up. I did notice that exact issue when I was looking in the storage bay. That is on my to-do-list. I actually found some connectors on the positive side of the battery that were not mounted on the post. They just wedged it between two other connectors.

Now you got me thinking. My son has one of those cameras in a cable I can snake along the cable and wire runs to see any potential problems. Thanks for the information.

Latest posts

Back