new stuff 2

• Thread starter Jeffry Skidmore
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffry Skidmore

Reaction score
Well guys,

I finally pulled the trigger on a new HB798 CiSi Combo! I bought it from Cabelas on sale for $759.99. It's not the "HD" version,and has the basic pre-loaded maps, but I thought it was a decent price none-the-less. It will replace an old "Eagle" unit on the bow.

I got snookered ;) on the "free shipping"; it's free shipping to a store for pickup. We don't have a store in Tennessee, so I was gonna have to pay $19 for shipping. Instead, I bought a head wrap for $8 and took advantage of a promotion of 1 cent shipping on entire order if you add some clothing. So, I saved $10.99!:D:D

I also ordered from Navionics the platinum east card for $185. It is supposed to be the 2012 version with free upgrades. ( In reality, its probably the same old card with a different item code):lol:

You wasted your money on the Platinum Edition Navionics if you plan on using it in the 798. The 798 will not display the 3D images. It will read the contour mapping though. The larger units are Platinum compatable. You could have saved more money by getting the Premium or Hotmaps editions.

You should have checked the compatability list on the Navionics web site.

Wayne P.,

I have a 998 on the console; thats what the platinum is for. I have been checking out compatibility and features. I spoke with a representative from Navionics before I purchased; she gave me the exact product number to request. It's my understanding that the Hotmaps Platinum doesn't include the 3-d feature, but the Platinum Plus has 3-D, as well as coastal features the inlake lakes card doesn't include. At any rate I bid on a used premium card to use in the 798. If I am sucessful and it doesn't work in my unit, I'll sell it for my cost.

If I'm wrong, I'll just revert back to the preloaded maps on both units; I'm familiar enough with my lakes that the basics will work okay.

The difference between Platinum and Platinum+ is the type of waters included. The features are the same. Refer to the Navionics web site compatibility list for information.

Latest posts

Back