Luckycraft group buy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
OK, getting this whole thing worked out so that it's automatic. To participate in the group buy for luckycrafts, when you go to the Tournament Force website, be sure to type in the promotion code box, "Nitro". The N has to be capitalized. Don't freak out Tracker owners, I didn't pick "Nitro", Tournament Force did. We couldn't set it up for exactly $2.00 of each, so it's 13.5% or right around there. Some baits you'll get $1.95 off, others $2.12 or something like that. But you save in any event, and all orders over $100 the shipping is free. Every model and color luckycraft has is available even the new 2003 colors. If any of you intend to attend the Suffern NY show in March, we will have a booth there, and I will be at it Saturday and Sunday. I don't know that we can sell the group buy at the show as there will be other luckycraft vendors there, but we will see what can be worked out. I also recommend everyone look at the plastics as they dropped in price. Any questions, please e-mail me or Mike Kane of Tournament Force BEFORE placing your order.

Thanks Rob, will check it out by Sunday, kinda got the bug now to start gearing up for 2003....

There your typical injection molded tubes. I am trying to get him to consider hand dipped from Mini but we will see. In any event, they're very similar to Strike King tubes. 3 different sizes, 3", 4", and 5" flippin.

Helluva salesman you are, Rob!

"Typical injection molded tubes" got me all hot and bothered. Mac's tattoo is starting to itch!

Just messin' with ya!

Checked out their website yesterday. Do they actually make anything, or are they just a distributor?

He makes all the jigs, spinnerbaits, and buzzbaits. They are all custom. The other items are "leaders" to bring people in. Once you see his spinnerbaits, you won't bother with much else. They are custom baits for off the shelf prices. A great value. As far as injection moled tubes, they're great, but the latest rave is hand dipped as they are a bit bulkier and have more plastic to them. The way to tell is to look at the surface of the bait, if it's shinny and smooth, it's likely molded. If it's a bit rougher, and bulkier, not as smooth, it's hand dipped. They tend to last just a little bit longer, but it allows them to really customize colors. It's like candles. Store brand vs hand dipped. If you've seen the hand dipped, you can tell the difference right away. Hope that helped. I know I'm not explaining it really well. Maybe Mini will jump in and do a better job.

I would love to see some of the spinnerbait/jigs...

Just how custom can he get?

Secondly, if you had to start with 1 crank and 1 topwater luckycraft, what would you choose? Which color(s)?

Thirdly, have you used the cymbal vibes? I picked up 2 of them when I was in Japan a couple of years back, lost one, and never used the second (didn't want to lose it). If so, what tips do you have to offer, and does he have those in stock?

Sim,

He can totally custom on the spinnerbaits and buzzbaits, What weight, color head, skirt, hook size, blade color, number of blades, arm length etc. If you have an old SB you can't find anymore, ship it to him, he will duplicate it for you and send it back with the new ones.

For 1 crank I would go with the CB-100 in Ghost minnow or TN shad. Now these are colors that work well here, I don't know about your water, but TN shad has worked in every lake I have ever fished. For the topwater, I like the G-splash, I prefer them over the Sammys. I like a loud popper style top water, it brings up fish that are deep. I would use the Sun Fish color, again because we have lots of sunnies on Champlain and when they get wounded they float and flop around on the surface making for an easy meal.

I have never used the cymbal baits, I'm not very proficient with blade baits or jigging spoons for that matter. If they don't have them in stock, they can get them quickly. They are listed, so give Mark an e-mail and ask him. Remember to put "Nitro" with a capital N in the promotion code box if you order to get the discount. If you have any other questions, you can e-mail or call me.

Back