new nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hoy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this site and just recently purchased a 2008 nitro 640 and was wondering if anyone out there that owns one has any thoughts on it. ie.do you like it or not.I purchased this boat and havent had a chance to try it yet but it seems the perfect boat for me and my wife. We dont fish big waters.

Steve, Welcome first of all!

You will like this site. Many great guys/gals and a lot of knowledge about a lot of things, Nitro Boats too. I am sure some one will chime in on their 640! I went to aluminum last year and love it. I have ridden in one 640 last year on a 400 acre lake and it fished well, even with my big heiny in it! Wouldn't take it out on a large lake if the weather is supposed to be bad, but nice none the same. I am sure you will like it.

Randy!

Steve, welcome aboard! I have a 1995 Nitro 640, and I love it. I have a 2003 90 HP Merc, combo works great together. I live in Louisiana, don't fish much open water. I also don't have far to run to fish. Any questions you might have, I will try to help. That is what this board is about, helping one another. I have never asked a question here, that I didn't receive a solid answer. Members also get to have breakfast at Uncle Billy's each morning.

Bubby:)

Welcome,

We hope you'll stay and contribute as much as you want...

Thanks for the replys warm welcome everyone.Now I know where to go for any questions.

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will get an Honest opinion from a fellow 640 owner as well as any other Q's you may have down the road or in this case, Down the waterway.

Max <><

Dan N. has a 640lx, we're fishing out of it this weekend, great boat. I've got the next up the 700lx, love it!

Welcome!

Trep

What motor did you get on your 640LX ? I have an 04' 640LX with a 75hp Optimax that I bought new. Love the boat. For a small boat it rides well, runs well, fits in my garage and budget. Let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome! I drive tin but have seen the 640's, nice boats! You'll find alot of knowledgable folks here so welcome aboard!

I got a 50hp with the boat, not big but seems more than big enough for me. I was also wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to bow mount my humminbird,dont really want to drill holes in that brand new boat if you know what I mean. thanks everyone.

I have a 1998 640 with a 75 on it and love it. I don't fish big water so it does me fine. I fish tournaments in a local club and so far the fish haven't shown a preference for what kind of boat they end up in.

I have a bow mounted FF but had a local dealer mount it for me. They know what they are doing.

Screw it right through the carpet and into the deck at the fromt edge of the carpet. Mine is just to the left of the electrical panel.

Welcome to the site! I have a Nitro 750nx with a 115. I really enjoy fishing out of it and it actually fits in my garage. Good luck on your first voyage!

When you mount your depthfinder, if you mount it on the carpet, place some rods on the deck and make sure you will be able to lay them out without the D/F interfering. I have a 700LX and mounted my D/F on the carpet as recommended and it is great. With that said you must remember the deck is somewhat short and depending where you put the D/F the rods will not fit laying on the deck. Just trying to save you from my mistake!!

I bought my Nitro less than a year ago, nicest boat I've ever owned, and was concerned with drilling holes in the deck also. I got over it quick, holes for the cable, screw holes, gps antenna, extra electrical plug up front for FishTV. The benifits of having the "stuff" where you need them way outweigh the fears of drilling. Happy fishing.

I have a 640LX with a 90 on it. It's a 1998 but looks new and I dont believe they have changes anything between mine and yours. It is my first bass boat and I push it hard on the water. Been air born many time just ask Trep. I have a fish finder mounted (humminbird 727) mounted to the deck in the front, two fish finders (a 797SI and 363 humminbird units) mounted at the drivers colume side, mounted a radio at the coulme and put the speekers in the front deck. I also added two eyedrop side lights along the edge of the front deck and back deck to light up the deck floor at night. It is a great boat because it fits in the garage, is good on gas, pulls great behind my explorer and I can keep up with the guys in the club most of the time. Top speed has been 52.3 running naked, average speed with me, gear and trep (he counts as one because of all his snacks) I get 46-48 on gps.

Cant say enough good things about my Nitro 640LX.

Any questions or need a pic on any changes I have done let me know. Welcume to the board and as a Nitro owner.

Dan

aka "BlueFrog"

Latest posts

Back