New member with a 2017 Nitro ZV 18 which I purchased new in 2018

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking forward to having discussions with the members! Been fishing since I was 4yrs old. Love bass fishing but I multi species fish for smallies, largemouth, walleye, wiper, white bass, trout, crappie, pretty much everything that lives in the water except zebra mussels and such!

Greetings and thanks! I love my zv18. I researched Tritons, Rangers, and Lund Boats prior to buying my Nitro. I love the amount of storage it provides! It has the L4 Mercury Verrado with the supercharger. Not had any problems with it and keep it well maintained and I store it in my garage. I was fortunate at the time I bought it. My son worked in Boat Sales at the Denver BPS store. It had sat for months on and off on the showroom floor so they discounted it plus I got an additional percentage off since he worked for them. It originally had only a Lowrance 7" HDS screen and a Terrova 36v w/I-pilot (1st generation algorithm). I decided I wanted more goodies so I bought a 12" screen for the console and 9" for the bow. Had it all professionally installed by Russell Marine Products in Eldorado, Kansas. I installed a Minn Kota Ulterra and used a specially machined mount for the Active Target system. I freakin love the set up. I thought about a traditional bass boat but I love the stability of the deep V and there is more room if I take more that on other person. The down side was the tongue weight. I had to buy a "trailer Valet" jack in order to maneuver it when it isn't hitched up, well worth the price! The one concern I had was how shallow I would be able to get in with the deep V style. NOT a problem at all I can get into 3ft with no problem with my electric trolling motor and the engine trimmed up. Here in Colorado I had to become more of a multi-species angler which is better anyway for variety! I still like getting out on the real deal bass boats too as I got a buddy that has a Z21 Nitro. Those things scream on the water and I bet your boat does also.

Good luck on the water!

Attachments

• DSCN0038.JPG
    DSCN0038.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0042.JPG
    DSCN0042.JPG
  • DSCN0037.JPG
    DSCN0037.JPG
  • DSCN0031.JPG
    DSCN0031.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Awesome! We generally fish shallow areas and rivers. I guess that why I went bass. But, then wish I went multi the few times we get on big water or troll. Lol

Enjoy!

Looking forward to having discussions with the members! Been fishing since I was 4yrs old. Love bass fishing but I multi species fish for smallies, largemouth, walleye, wiper, white bass, trout, crappie, pretty much everything that lives in the water except zebra mussels and such!
Welcome!!

Latest posts

Back