New Carbon Lite Rods....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Anybody have any current reviews...I realize they're pretty new on the market but, the catalog info and pics looks cool:cool:

I like lite stuff but, not willing to pay the high $

I'm going up to our store this weekend to check'em out BEFORE I order them.......I'll let you know what I think!;)

Believe it or not Mac...I really enjoy using the really lite stuff for my Carolina riggin'. The old Berkley Series One rod I have is a really strong rod but, I need a new backup since I had to Gorilla glue part of the reel seat. Hate it but, it's about a 30 year old rod too.

The 6'9" med heavy is as light as a feather, the 7' model is light as well, although there are some high end rods that are a little bit lighter, just my opinion, you can't buy a better rod for less than $100.00. Everything in this series that is less than 7' is as light as any high end rod on the market. You will not be disapointed.

These rods are on sale right now at Bass Pro for $20 off.

How would this compare to a $100 St Croix Mojo rod? I bought a few of those last year and really liked them for the money.

Just info Teri...my buddy has broke two St Croix rods in a row.:(

Although they made it right.

I believe the carbon rod would hold up better under heavy use.

Ive ordered stuff all winter this year I really loaded up on the marked down blue clunn reels, I noticed this week the price has raised back up a little clerance with a pirce increase. I have a local store here that has put two of the new abu vendetta rods in my hand and they felt a little top heavy until I put reels on them, then they balanced out very well, I havent had them on the water yet just yard casting but they seem like a pretty good stick, All this said I need three more and the carbon rod seems intresting but livivng so far away from bass pro , Im cautious about buying rods with out seeing them. Im excited to here what you guys say

Mac,

What did you think of them? I messed with a 7' MH in BPS a couple of weekends back and I liked them. I did find the grip material a bit odd is all.

Gotta agree with CIII on the grip. A black or charcoal cork would've been a bit nicer. Weight feels good and quality looks great! :D

Latest posts

Back