New Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger 519

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for your insight on selecting a new boat. I really thought it was going to be a Nitro but I went in another direction...can I stay a member of nitroowners if I tell you it is a Ranger?

I did not get caught up in the Ranger vs. Nitro quality debate because I think both are well built. I went with the Ranger because the local Nitro dealer would not be honest with me about availability and delivery. They also tried to inflate my interest rate on the loan. The Ranger dealer went back to the same lender and got me a point lower on the loan. Got a great deal on the boat a 185 VS DC w/Yamaha 150. I still do not know how he sold me the boat and the add-ons (Lowrance LMS-320-relocated the standard Garmin to TM, keel guard and 2nd console) for what he did. They had several factory wrapped 185's on the lot so I was able get the color I wanted. I must say, they really wanted to sell me a boat. My wife and I picked the boat up this past Saturday and spent 3+ hours on a local lake with our sales person who was sincerely concern with us being comfortable with our first boat.

I'll post some pictures in a few days.

Good Deal.. It's been said here before find a dealer first then pick your boat..

BF

P.S You will have to ask Ranger Rob if you can stay...LOLOL

I wouldn't have bought my Nitro if I knew the type of service I was going to get. I'd probably be in a Triton fish and ski if I had to do it over because of the dealer.

Congrats on the new rig. You're gonna love it! That is the same boat I have (except I have the 175 HPDI VMAX) and I have no regrets at all!

OUCH!! What is the deal with the dealers. Is that reflective of how they are being treated by Tracker or is Tracker not insuring that THEIR dealers maintain a minimum standard of professionalism? So what does it take to be a Tracker/NITRO dealer? Ranger dealer, etc.?

TOXIC

The dealer can make or break the boat owning experience. Im lucky enough to have a good one close by where i got my nitro(Marine USA)they have treated me very well and the service dpt is great. I have only had to bring it in once but my problem was taken care of promptly and it was fixed correctly. you really cant ask for much more. Unless something changes my next boat will come from them. I had to lug my last boat to NY state to get service because my local champion dealer could have cared less, they sold the boat and never wanted to see it again.

Congtrats, sweet rig. My next boat will be the 195 with a 200 V-max on it. You will never regret it. Now put a hot foot on it and a trim on the wheel.

Jim, Understood, but why would a dealer turn his back on you after the sale. Are they so stupid that they think you will not take your rig somewhere else for service...add-ons....electronics upgrades....new prop.....repairs...maintenance...heck, a new boat sooner or later!? If they are like car dealerships they make MORE $$ on the parts and service than they do on the initial sale. SO WHY THE INDEFFERENCE? You would think they would all over you since most all boats need "something" on a regular basis. I can't figure that out. Maybe there should be a TOXIC Marine in Virginia!!

TOXIC

i know that the bps in charlotte/concord, nc has about the same service in their boat dept. as most. their salespeople are extremely nice and knowledgeable, but once you get past them there are only a bunch of employees. i have been to the parts dept. on several occasions...with $$$ in hand....and left without anything. and i wasn't looking for anything other than basic stuff. all the parts person kept telling me was that part is obsolete. that part is obsolete! well the same darn part was on the floor on a brand new boat! how could it be obsolete? and god forbid asking someone on the floor about a fishing rod/reel or something technical about a boat or electronics. they are illiterate! if i were a manager there, i would go crazy. i wouldn't think that they would have any trouble at all finding good help. as a college kid looking for summer work, couldn't think of a better place to work.

bryan

Tox im not sure why they would do such a thing. one would think repeat business should be high on thier list. Everyone that i know that bought a boat from that dealer got the same treatment i did. I complained to champion about it and i guess plenty of othes did too, Champion dropped them like a hot potato. now they are no longer in business, bad word of mouth goes a long way. I know of a triton dealer with a similar attitide in the same area. The gmc dealership i got my last truck from was much the same way, the salesmen were glad to see and work with you but service after the sale was horrific. ill bet these types of service problems stem from the dealer ownership and management. Poor attitudes trickle down and if the management dosent care about the customer then the workers wont either.

like i said earlier my nitro dealer has been great to me, the staff there is very helpfull and is willing to do everything they can to make someone happy. For me all it takes toi make me happy is fix it and fix it right, i dont need anything special. The dealer i got my current truck from is the same way, they bend over backwards to take care of me for even the smallest of stuff. When i first got the truck the owner personally called me to make sure i was happy with the truck, he has done the same for the 5 people i have sent there to buy vehicles. They seem very customer focused and it shows, when you go in there everyone is always smiling and joking around, a very upbeat attitide and i think it starts at the top.

Glad to see someone has taken Marketing 101 or at least has enough brains to pour pi$$ out of a boot when the directions are on the bottom!!

TOXIC

Jim..I think a lot of it boils down to....SOME of the dealerships have been ALLOWED to opreate like that for years without any rules or guidlines on how customers were and still should be treated. You ain't gonna' want to hear this but, if mine were rated like that..I'd have to give them the benefit and give em' a D-..

TEE

Tox,

You go boy! Open that dealership and I'll come see ya. Don't think we can complain about Mare, though. They have been good to me and have not had any real issues that they didn't solve quickly. Would like a shop a little closer to the lake, however. Kind of a pain to haul it to the shop, but at least semi-close.

If you opened the shop you'd have to give up the guide service unless you hired me to run the shop for you. I have been though Marketing / Sales and Service 101 through 199 as well as being a consumer. LOL

Tox,

I can read it even out of a set of chest waders, let alone my boots! LOL :)

Just don't tell me you are going to start a Ranger dealership. I do have some pride! Nitro rules. I'm ready to start.

Tox,

If you do start the dealer, let me know. I can be a salesman or maybe a security guard or something :)

Tox and Carlos just remember: One bullet; one kill. Don't mess with Toxics' dealership. Word will travel fast that you have armed (and dangerous) security.

Hey Bryan.

If you get to BPS during the week sometime (not easy when we're working), do the following. Go to the reel counter, and ask for Mary. Mary (Henken) is a good friend of mine, and a very, very fine fisherman. If you want to know something, look her up. If she doesn't know, she'll find someone to help you.

A lot of the others are there working, and not knowing what they are doing. She's an exception. She and her husband finished third in the Guy's N Dolls Region, and will be going to the national championship soon.

Tex

Hey Greg. I had the same problem when I was trying to buy a 901. It wasn't the dealers fault though. I think it must have just been bad timing. To make a long story short, after 6 weeks of trying to find a 901 (the only two they had were all beat up from the showroom floor!) they said they would have to order me one. Another 6 to 8 weeks! Well, I went to the Ranger dealer on Monday, and Saturday I was on the water in my new 519 DVX!

I really liked the salesman at BP, but I wanted a boat! They had tons of boats, just not any 19 foot bass boats! We even called Dallas and they had none either!

Oh well, I LOVE the 519! But I also love (well, really like, I'm not "that way")LOL the people on this board. All you need is a sick sense of humor, and the love of fishing, and you'll fit right in! These guys (and Teri) really make you feel "at home" here.

Good luck, I know you'll enjoy the boat.

HOOT

I want a job too.. That would be tough to half to Works at Tox's Marina on the lake.. Lets just take over Sturgeon's they already got a good thing going..

BF

Well Greg, welcome to the R/N/T/OWS. Those Rangers must be less $$$ than I've always heard cause there selling like lemonade at the state fair. I'm certianly going to take a long look at them when I move over to a glass boat.

Harpo

Chris is a keeper.. Nothing bad to say about Campell he thinks he owns the place..OOOPPs he does. I have only been there 3 times but for you that have never been to Anna I praise the entire staff there, They are great to work with and with the TX's I work they are number 1, There web site need some work. I tried to send a Thank You after our last Anglers Choice TX in March and the E-mail was down,

Tox please tell them how much we think of them.

For those of you that care there will be a New Anglers Choice division for VA teams next year, Anna,Kerr,Chic,James

BF

Back