New 898

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julio Santana

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these yet? I think it's time for me to move from my 700LX...I've had it two years and while I still love the boat, I want to be able to take my wife and two children and want the ability to take more people if I want to. The boat is rated to 8 people.

It also has all the features of my boat as well and more. Also...Optimax or not? I'm thinking $4000 difference between that and the XR6 200 HP engine!...worth it??

Loansharkx,

I have a 898, about 2 months old, it is my 5th Nitro since 1993 and is my favorite. I had a 190TF, 2 896's, and a 901. My favorite was my '98 896 until I got this 898. I sold a new 10 month old 901 so I could buy my 898. was well worth it.

As far as the opti. Thats your choice.

If you are planning on keeping the boat a long time, I think the opti would be the way to go.

I like the EFI kinda in between, better economy than carbs. Wherethe opti shines is the mid rpm range. It isn't all that impresive over the EFI at WOT.

I am you one of them guys that are either idleing or running wide open.

I have a 225 EFI on mine and I am very happy with it. You will love the boat got some pictures in my library.

KENNY

What did you get on it as far as power and accessories? What's the top end speed? If you don't mind my asking, what did it cost out the door?

Loan,

I got the carpeted version. Mercury 225 hp EFI

Got it loaded, tandem trailer, ratchet tiedowns, 10" Jackplate, 225 efi, hydraulic steering, steering wheel trim switch, upgraded trolling motor, Lowrance lms 320 & X97, pro power seats. I got a great deal on mine they was trying to compete w/Stratos 20xl rigged the same that I was looking at real strong. $30,200 Drive out.

I think my dealer got in trouble for giving me the deal though.

Top speed 73.8 gps. Super hole shot

Latest posts

Back