Need a new trailer rim and tire

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Lively

Reaction score

Well I got sick during a tournament over the weekend, have an inner ear infection and was really dizzy so thought it was best for my wife to drive and pull the boat. She's done it before and I have total faith in her, but this time she made a BOO BOO, but I still love her. She took a corner to sharp and ran over a curb, blew out the tire and bent the rim. We didn't have a spare (thats my fault), well we got a tire guy to heat the rim and bend it back out and put another tire on so we could limp on our way.

I am looking for a matching rim. Basic chrome directional 14" that comes standard on the trailer. Gonna take the bent one and make a spare out of it. Dealer quoted $207 w/tire, seems a little/lot steep to me. Can I do better? Is there any place to find this rim w/o going through a "marine dealer", that seems to automatically double the price. If so what is the size of it 14" x ???. I can get the goodyear marathon trailer tire anywhere.

Her is a picture of my rig, you can see the style just the basic chrome directional.

Picture 035.jpg

You can get the tire at any tires retailer. Sams Club is usually the cheapest. As for the wheel, I'm not sure. You may have to just order that from the marine dealer or try Craig at BPS.

If you want to have the same style...I'd say dealer. Check around...they all have different prices.

I have the same ones on my trailer. I got mine from overtons for like $130 with a goodgear marathon on it. The rim is an exact match to the factory one. It was the best deal i could find, much better then the dealer and cheaper then if i went out and got a rim and tire seperate. Check this link, look near the bottom of the page. They have two different 14" tire sizes.
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/order/items2.cgi?request=aisle&catnum=2AN10

You might try this guy on ebay. I have purchased from him and he is a pretty good guy to deal with. He told me he gets all the returns and overstock for Tracker. He has some tires and wheels listed right now, but they do not match the ones you are needing. You might email him and see if he has the one you are needing. He has some pretty good deals on Tracker and Nitro parts as well as others.

Larry
http://stores.ebay.com/TRACKER-MARINE-GROUP_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

Thanks Jim B,

That looks like what I am looking for, it should be about $60 cheaper.

Larry I sent that guy an email, thanks for the tip. we'll see what happens.

American Racing makes a wheel that looksjust like that sells for around $60.00 then add tire. Now... NEVER EVER HEAT A WHEEL TO STRAIGHTEN.. A good size hammer, OK, Cresent whrench better yet. But once you heat the wheel it is junk. Once heated you have taken the temper out of the steel and it will be prne to cracks and failure. Granted if you in a pinch, you do what you have to do. But you would be surprised how much you can straighten a steel wheel with a cresent whrench, Just slip it over the lip of the wheel, tighten it up and pull.. From cup cars to jap crap it will fix the lips of all of them.

BF

Latest posts

Back