My Z8

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven evans

Reaction score
Well I've had my new 2012 Z8 for a little over 2 months now. I've had it out several times and have mostly fished with just a little running around. Most everytime I've taken it out I've had the wife and kiddos and couldn't really air it out like I wanted to (safety first). I finally got to take it out alone a few weeks ago and was able to really get some running time in. I can't get it to full RPM yet (6300), I'm still in the break-in period, but I have had it at 5800 RPM's and 71 MPH by GPS. That's just me in the boat, 1/2 a tank of gas, and fishing gear. The chine walk seems to start about 65-67 MPH but it is easy to get under control. The boat drives fantastic and I can't wait to get the last few hundred RPM's. I think I should see 74-75 MPH.

Oh yeah the motor is a 225 Opti Pro XS with a 26P Tempest.

Surprisingly good speeds for a 225. If that is in fact the case, many will be coming to you for setup info. Sounds like you are dialed in. Take a pic of your GPS at that speed, I'm sure many would like to see it.

Steven

I am running 225 otpi (not proxs) with a 26p Fury prop.

I have seen 72mph at WOT. perfect conditions and running with tourney load of equip, 1/4 tank fuel and no passenger.

Don't think there is much more in the tank without getting the prop worked. The ProXS has carbon fiber reeds and a diff gear case. Don't think it will give you another 3>5mph.

I may not get 75 MPH out of it, but I am highly pleased with it so far. I was not actually expecting to see 70 MPH. I usually fish a lot more than I run but I was having fun that day. I burned well over 30 gallons of gas that day.

When are they going to fix the picture problem on this site? I still can't upload or delete pics.... The Z8 pic I have in my library is not my boat.

Latest posts

Back