My Responce to TJ's Post:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
re: 911 CDC transoms? by Buzz, 9/5/2002 19:17 ET

TJ ie.( [email protected] ) of Bryce Marine, Inc of Rochester, NY.

I find your response to individuals personal opinions on the posted question above to be of very poor taste coming from a representative from Bryce Marine, Inc. who is in the market to sell Nitro boats, and to come to this web site to slam a member as you did is in my opinion totally unprofessional. I hope that after you have had a moment to reflect about your post that you would offer up an apology to the members of this site and more specifically Rob.. There's close to a 1000 members on this site that have voice's and dollars that support Nitro's.

tj...

You have confused Rob and me... I am this board's resident ---hole. I have a long and distinguished career where I deservedly earned that title. Check into it...or try me and experience it personally. Or, try again here, prefaced with an apology. Rob's comment's were (1) an opinion about a particular boat that he was familiar with; and (2) conditional that (as he said) "The 911 is a great boat, but if this is the one I think it is, stay away from it"... See that "if"...that's a condition precedent... So, crawl back under your rock, straighten out your slime coat like a good little slug... or apologize and try to participate here as a civilized visitor...lest we decide not to like you permanently...And, maybe blizzard your boss with e-mails singing your praises as a the best un-civilized guest weve had here in months....

I don't know who "tj" is.

I don't know who [email protected] is.

I don't know if they are the same person.

"tj" could have typed my e-mail address in there if he had wanted.

I do know that tomorrow morning I am going to call Bryce Marine at 585-352-9485 and ask for the Owner of the Dealership.

I am going to express my concern that someone, possibly in his employ or in some way associated with his organization, has acted in this manner.

I am going to let him know that this individual has soiled the reputation of Bryce Marine at least as far as St. Louis.

And, if the Owner will speak with me, I will wait to see what is said about the situation.....

me

Scott,

I have responded to the original post....please wait to contact Bryce Marine until I have had the opportunity to speak with Dave personally.

People sometimes have a tendency to fly off the handle and speak without thinking, and Dave(TJ) may very well be a good guy who did that very thing and because of it, may not deserve to get his career ruined....please respect what I'm asking, and wait until he responds to me before calling...Thanx in advance, your friend, Ken

You got it, Ken.

I've done the same thing myself once or twice.....

Thanx...and if it doesn't pan out the way I think it will, I'll be calling there myself.

Well after Mr Neeley trys the diplomatic rte. Just remember cut and paste can be your friend or your worst enima...LOL

BF

And, just like in the real world... After all attempts at diplomacy fail...and it absolutely, positively has to get destroyed overnight...let a Marine handle it... I'm already in line to be first!

Easy fella's...let's give him a chance and show our true colors, if that doesn't work, Carlos and Greg will be unleashed!!!

i guess i got a little beef too with this tj character. He seems to think people are idiots regarding questions on trolling motor mounts. see trolling motor mounts thread dated 9/3/02. what is up with this? is somebody having a really bad day? he sure isn't doing the company he works for any good. let us know what you find out ken.

My only beef with tj(Dave) is the attitude. One of my daughters was the first to see the post. I seen it when they said "Daddy, what is this word?". However, I can understand his heated moment.

Rob was just doing what we should do. If a fellow member post about a boat(which did happen) then we should inform them of a good deal or a bad deal. If we are wrong about are comments, then we should be proved wrong. However, the way he tried to do it was incorrect. The way he tried to do it also makes me believe something is trying to be covered up. I thank Rob for is input, even if he is wrong.(which I doubt he is). This is what this board is all about, helping each other. I Love u guys. Ken pass the corona's.

Wow. Just reading all these responses to a couple of posts is like watching a TOT barrage come down, with our fearless leader calling in the coordinates.

Ken, you are acting downright presidential.

Mes got a feeling someone aint gunna be workin round sparkles anymore...

;)

its rochester ny greg,all those genesee beer drinkers will revolt against us,and i think there is a few more of them than us!if your aiming is good,dont hit the small town of hilton,ny!anyway need a forward observer??

been up that area a few times.and all i can say to the comments is i take the 5th until it is over with.lived there during the summer vacations with relatives,so i kind of have 1st hand knowlege of the caliber of people there.there atitudes,well,lets leave that alone,the 5th again!

Ya know..... I've sat here and re-read these posts and the others surrounding this issue several times in the last 12 or so hours..... I'm hit repeatedly by the same set of thoughts.....

First and foremost: What a remarkable cross-section this board represents of the "Buying Public"!

Second: The absolute wealth of information that is available here for anyone with questions regarding Tracker/Nitro boats and bass boats in general.

Third: How we function as a "Family" when one of our Members is attacked - even though there are absolutely no requirements for admission to the "family" and many of us know each other only through our miscellaneous ramblings on this board!

Fourth: How human nature can take a natsy situation, make light of it, put it in it's proper perspective and move on.

And finally: Our willingness to forgive someone for being human and making a mistake.

Thank all of you guys for allowing me to share in this experience!

me!

Wow, I didn't even see his post, but I'll go back and look. Thanks for watching out for me guys. One big family here. We can fight amongst one another all we want. But ifn yuz mess wid one of da family, u gunna git a whoopin from us all see! Again, with what Ken said, let him explain. We all have bad days, and lord knows I certainly wouldn't want to be judged by actions on my worst day. I will stick to my guns though and say that if it is the boat that I saw rigged, and saw back in the shop a multitude of times for hull repair, it was a piece of work. A lot of work. Again, 911's a AWESOME rigs, and I'd love one myself. But anytime any company comes out with something new, there are going to be unforseen problems that didn't get caught in R&D or engineering that need to be addressed in the field. That's why I want to see the Avalanche in 2 years. I have faith in Tracker's engineering. It's always been cutting edge, and they are definately on the right track with customer service and supporting their products, but that one boat was a problem that's all. Let me go check his post and get back.

OK, found it. Yeah this guy obviously has issues. I tend to agree with Scott, it sounds like someone who is trying to sell the boat on consignment and is stuck now that the truth is out. His post all but confirms my suspicions on this being the boat in question. Also like I think Ken or Toxic said, be careful, anyone can post on here using someone else's alias and e-mail. He is an immature person that needs to be treated as such. I do encourage him though to take an anger managment course and THEN should he choose to pick a battle of the wits with me over boats, I'd be happy to oblige. I never said I know everything, but I do know more than my fair share and learn more everyday I'm on the water or on this board. I simply didn't want to see someone get a boat with issues. And everything I stated was confirmed by Roy looking in those spots and seeing patch jobs. This sounds like a slick, savvy, sleezy used boat sales guy trying to pull one over on somebody unsuspecting and excited about what they THINK is a great deal. I simply have no tolerance for people like that, who take advantage of the consuming public. If I am wrong about the boat, and I don't think that I am, I apologize. If it IS the boat I suspect, I do not apologize and warn everyone to stay away unless they warranty it, and drop the price. Be sure it is fixed, but fixed PROPERLY!!!! Huge gapping cracks on the interior of the bilge area transom have absolutely nothing to do with gel coat stress cracks as there is NO gel coat on the interior only resin that can only be stripped with acetone. Not even gas can weaken. Big cracks in THAT indicate structural damage, such as impact or transom integrity issues. OK, I'm done, can we please talk about fishing now and leave this where it belongs....in the past!

I have quietly stayed out this one, but I know that Rich has the ability to permenantly remove someone's access rights to post on this site. If Rich is reading these, which I KNOW he is, I know he'll wait to see Ken's follow up post shortly if this TJ/Dave pans out to be real or made up.

I would hope that Rich would not use his "Super Powers" in this instance..... It was a one-time event. No Harm done. If anything, it actually benefited the board by making us aware of how much strength the group weilds!

Scott - What I meant to imply is that IF Ken finds out that yes, TJ/Dave is a member of Bryce Marine, AND he himself DID post the responses in question, AND he did use that language, the Super Rich has the power to lock him out. It is Rich's call, but I didn't know if the membership knows that if it goes on too long, Rich can and will stop folks from posting.

Now go back to selling those Trucks, you gotta leave the office with my new 911 in tow by 5pm to get here by midnight to surprise me!!

Rats! You REALLY wanted a 911? Heck, we all chipped in and got you a prototype 20' Avalanche. Guess I'll just have to send it back to Springfield and refund everyone's Rewards Points.....

Another thing that amazes me about this group of people is that here we band together to defend someone who is under attack unjustly. On "other" board(s), people rally around the one doing the attacking and it becomes a mob of ugliness. That kind of mob-mentality is just pitiful.

If anything, Rich is to be commended for taking that initial stand to ban someone from the board if there are repeated verbal assaults on another board participant. And then the rest of you are to be commened for taking personal action so that he doesn't HAVE to use that authority.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick." This membership's attitude is a big stick, so Rich can speak softly.

You guys are the greatest, but you're still not getting my Coors light! You can have Neeleys Corona! LOL Seriously, for years, I never thought there were others out there as finatical about fishing as myself. And then through a stroke of luck, I found this site one nite while surfing. Now, I fear I spend entirely WAY too much time here. But, that's because this is by far the greatest group of people I have encountered. Around here, the local fishing community loves to talk about one another behind their backs and put others down. That's why I rarely visit local tackle shops anymore. Also why I don't fish local tourneys. If more people adopted the attitude and integrity of this board, then fishing would take the country by storm over night! Just my .02, but I bet it's true! This site has grown in numbers unbelievably in the little over 2 years I have been around. Perhaps later, Rich can give us the numbers. But here's to future growth and the impact this site WILL have on the fishing community and industry. Our voice has been heard and will continue to be heard. Only in America! Ain't it great!

Ya know Rob, I had a Coors Light the other night and it tasted kinda bad so I sent it off to the lab to be checked. Ya know what the result was?

The lab told me my horse has hepatitus.

TOXIC

TJ:

Thank you.

It would be great if you could tell us the specifics about the boat in question. If you can convince the folks on this board that it's good-to-go, Bryce shouldn't have a problem selling it.

Thank you TJ, and thank you Dave...it takes a big man to admit their wrongdoings and apologize when necessary...you are both welcome here anytime.

Ken,

Have you talked to Dave at Bryce in order to verify the validity of this apology post?

Call me a skeptic.

T

Yes I did, he told me before it was posted that it was coming from his computer and from the person that did it...as Rich said, he can verify IP addresses also.

No sweat TJ. If you have a beef with someone here, just take it to e-mail. Much more professional. But for the record, I do know my A$$ from a hole in the ground. It's the one with all the black flies swarming around it! No wait, that's Neeley's! LOL Well handled Ken. The post that is! Life's too short to take anything too seriously. Work hard, fish harder, have fun and at the end of the day wash it down with WHATEVER beer you like, even Coronas!

Apology accepted.

Verification apreciated!

Thanks Ken for taking the time to get involved in this.

I'm sure that the folks at Bryce apreciate your involvement as well.

And by the way Rob, I never doubted that you knew the difference. LOL

T

No problem T, and Dave did appreciate the call...he seems like a good General Manager who is genuinely concerned with his operation and his customers.

Thanks, TJ! I will second Ken Neeley's comment that it does take a Big Man to apologize. Please feel welcome here!

TOX, I think it might be best if we just let the issues surrounding this particular boat fade away.....

Tox, I think it best that we leave it be. I'm sure if it isn't, that it will be soon enough. And I'm not claiming that it was never fixed. I know that Tracker went good for it. My concern is that sometimes you just get a lemon that no matter how much you dump into it, it continues to throw you new problems. That's not to say the Bryce marine doesn't have a great boat for Roy sitting on their lot, and hopefully a Nitro.

Ok, Let it drop but I'm a litle confused, this whole thing started about the "salability" of this particular boat and got severely sidtracked by some uncalled for remarks. I don't think it's out of line see the "proof in the pudding"....Who is actually right? You gotta be willing to eat some crow Rob if the boat is really in good shape and Bryce has got to fess up if they are putting a less than acceptable product on the market and got caught by someone who knew the boat----you. Wasn't that the actual reason for the original post?

Ok, OK, I'll drop it but I've got my trusty Bic ready.

TOXIC

Believe me, I ate crow already on this one. If it is fixed, no problem, I'll do it again. But is it fixed right? According to Roy, there is still a big crack on the inside of the transom in the resin. Doesn't sound stable to me. But I do agree with you that somehow in the middle of all this the real issue, the boat's condition got forgotten. The last thing I want to see is somebody coming here early next spring saying they bought a piece of $#%& 911 somewhere in NY and start bashing Nitros all over again, when somebody here, (this time me) could prevent it from ever happening. If it is fixed properly, then at that price, it should move quite fast.

thanks for the apology TJ as i appreciate it. if you are lucky enough to work around boats for a living, you ought to join the board and share your knowledge. we buy em, sell em, trade em, wax em, change parts on em, figure out how they work, learn to drive em, tow em, break em, repair em, have a good laugh about em, and occasionlly get to actually go fishin in em. luv this board and welcome you to join it.

james d.

Maybe this would be a good time to start up a service called Boat-Facts. The information Rob reported was that "If this was the boat he believed it to be, this is the history behind it." I know that you can check out a vehicles history through Car-Facts but does such a service exist for Boats? Who cares that you lost your lower unit in some rocks but if you sustained some serious structural damage, that knowledge would be a starting point to validate that such damage was repaired completely.

I thought that the original comment was gutsy and knowing Rob's input in the past, accurate.

May the buyer beware (but not blind!)

T

TJ, apology accepted. I sure have my list of dumb things that I have done that I wish I could take back. I hope that you and Dave make this website a daily place to visit. We all have fun here, and it is a great group of guys and gals.

Robert

Folks...

Rob needs to stand corrected... He has alleged that he knows his -$$ from a hole in the ground...Well, the other day I played a round of golf with him...he sliced so bad that the ball came back and hit ME in the -$$... Rob asked for a "gimme" and scored it as a two... He might fish okay...but he don't golf so well!!!! LOL

And tj.... thanks for apologizing to Rob... I wasn't offended...aggravated...but not offended. So, I'll stand down...I'm sure there won't ever be a "next time" so anything further does not need to be said. As others have said, anyone and everyone who is decent about it is always welcome here...So, sit back and observe for a while and when it feels comfortable join in...Especially if you have some positive fishing reports or tech tips to share. That is the spirit of this board...consideration for others in the policy...fun is the goal. Just know, that if you are accepted here you are expected to contribute positively and are encouraged to do so. That's all.

Back