My new truck got smacked into. DOH!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
This just hasnt been my year. I cant hardly fish because of my bum elbow, i get a huge staph infection in my back, stupid ear infections that i have been battling for a few years are starting again for reasons unknown and now this....

My new truck got hit this morning by a guy pulling out of a parking lot. I dont think he ever looked because i was stopped at a light and he nailed my bumper, rear quarter and the rear tire on the pass side of my truck. He hit it hard enough to deploy his airbag and really mash up his car. He was travelling at a pretty good rate of speed when he his me. My truck actually looks like it has hardly any damage at all but im worried about the rear axle, there is a good possibility it could be bent or maybe the spring on that side too. He actually moved my truck like two feet when he hit it.

Now here is the really bad part. The guy is an illegal with a forged lisense, stolen tags on the car and no insurance. So I get to pay for his stupidity. I pretty sure he was thinking about fleeing when his car wouldnt start, if he could have got his drivers door open i think he would have bolted. I got ouy of my truck and made sure he wasnt going anywhere, and if he did he was going to have problems. The cops took him in but from what he tells me INS will just let him free and he will do the same all over again. From what my friend who is a cop tells me he detains over 30 illegals a week and INS does nothing with them, they all walk. They break the laws of this country with zero penalty, that really angers me.

The part that really frys my a$# is that i have to spring for my deductable and have zero recourse against the guy. He damages my property and I have to pay and theres nothing i can do about it. The fact that its a brand new truck dosent help either.

Thanks for letting me vent....

Sorry about your bad luck Jim. I can only see it getting worse. Too bad fate won't let it affect the bleeding heart liberals first.

BruceM

Illegal means illegal, and I ain't inviting 'em for dinner.

OUCH, sorry to hear this Jim.

Write a letter to your congresscrook and senicktor and complain about the imigration policies. Let them know what happened and that you will not vote for anyone that does not support serious reform.

Unfortuneately though, like you said you will still have to pay for the clowns screw up. Send the bill to congress, maybe they will reimburse you. LOL

Man I feel for ya..... what kills me is an illegal can sue Amercian companies but we have no recourse against them.

Jim - sorry to hear this. Regardless of who hit you, it was and still is a nice ride. I was very impressed with the ride when we went fishing. I am sure you will get the rear axle inspected with a fine tooth comb. I am just glad you are okay. If there is anything I can do - e.g. help tow your boat to your next tourney, give you a lift somewhere, etc... let me know.

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

The insurance adjuster came out this morning and its looking like i have about $1200 in damage not including any damage to the suspension and axle if there is any. If there is that number will really go up quick.

Thankfully the insurance guy was a super nice guy and shared my concern about the axle. He wrote in a few hours of straight labor to get everything there checked out and said if there is any damage they will take care of it. So he wrote it up for a new bumper, a new wheel and tire and some paint work plus the check of the rear end and suspension etc.

I also talked to my dealer who im going to have do the repairs and they pretty much want the truck as soon as i can get it to them. When i talked to them they also were concerned about the axle and they said they would push the insurance for a complete rear diff assy instead of just parts parts if there is any signs of damage to it. They said they dont want to mess around and have the potential for any problems down the road.

The dealer also thinks they wont need it for more then a day to inspect it and a day to repair once the parts arrive. They also said they would put me in a truck to tow my boat if it came down to them needing it for a period of time.

I am very pleased with my insurance company, they acted quicker then i ever expected them to. I called them yesterday and at 8am this morning the adjuster was on his way to look at the truck. My dealer has also been great. They really are concerned about the whole deal and want to get me fixed up as quick as possible. My past dealings with them has been great so im sure they will follow thru.

Glad to hear your insurance is doing what your paying them for. (isn't it sad when it's suprising that happens)

I thought illegal immigrants were to be deported, not released.:wacko:

Should have backed up and ran over him. Then drove over him forwards. Your excuse. You didn't hear him crying out you only speak English.

Sorry to hear about it. Just makes me more and more pissed and reminds me to write my elected crooks in Washington. For the fiftyth or sixyth time.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back