My baby is up for sale

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
Well gang, I just posted my TV-18 on the swap and sell board. Jill spent some time on Curtis's 901 and while in Auburn Hills she fell in love with the 896 and the Avalanche that Ken had in the show room. Needless to say I just got my capital expense budget approved for an upgrade next spring :eek:)

It also makes me realize that it's easy to give advise on this board until it's time to spend my own money....LOL I love the avalanche but I think I'm leaning towards the 901.....UUUUGGHHHH!!!! Decisions, Decisions!!

Marke

Great news Marke!! I'm happy for you. Good luck with your decision. Sounds like a tough one.

Good for you!

One word of advice, don't sit in the 901 unless you intend to buy it... something in the seats wont let you leave the showroom without it.

(but I am not biased in any way, now am I)

i'd stay away from that 901 also - they kinda tend to grab ya and won't let go. don't go within 10 feet!!

the tough decision is what color scheme, motor, trailer, and options, but that is part of the fun.

good luck,

james d.

Too late guys. I have at least 60 to 70 hours in Curtis's 901 this summer. That's more than any other Nitro I've been in. I fished lake St. Clair with Ken on Friday in a brand new 929 and I like the 901 better. I've fished from Buzz's 896 and I drove bassnfools Avalanche....

If only the Avalanche was 20ft', it would be a no brainer.

Marke

Marke -

Anything on the boat you would like to part out :)

If I had the ok for a new boat, it would be the Avalanche with no regrets.

Way to go Marke. I hope you something extremmly nice for your wife because, a) she's letting you upgrade an b) even more amazing, she puts up with you.LOL.. whatever way you go you won't be dissapointed, congratuations and take the time to think what you want for options as it's more cost effective to add them while there building the boat..

Buzz

Whew! What a Relief! I saw the title of your post and my first reaction was "Oh, no......"

Congrats on the expected arrival of your New Baby, Marke and Jill! I'm sure the "pregnancy" will be an enjoyable one!

me!

Marke,...see what a few Margarita's and a "road trip" can accomplish??!!!....Neeley and I can pull off miracles with a little tequilla and a cheesburger!!! LOL

Mac

Marke,

If your interested ina 2002 901 a freind of mine has his State Team boat up for sale. Its in immaclate condition. Its not too far from you either just down here in Mass. If intereested let me know and I'll give you his number.

Rob L

I had my mind made up to buy a 'tune last year before the boat show. After checking out the 901 on display, I couldn't resist.

RoyC

And then there were two! HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You WILL be swayed to the fiberglass side.....oh YES you WILL!!!!! Actually, WHEN Tracker releases a '20 Avalanche, I might just switch back! Until then........

I know I don't post alot, or anything significant, but what am I, CHOPPED LIVER??!!! LOL!

Nah Bruce, not chopped liver but you do fish with a lawn chair in the back of your boat (member pics). Now if you had a glass boat, it would be an adorondack chair with insulated cupholders.

As Darth Vader said: " Luke, do not underestimate the power of the glasside"

TOXIC

Thanks, Bruce! I was sweatin' there fer a second.

You know yer gonna have to step into Marke's shoes, now, whenever someone asks about the TV18, right?

And as Luke responded: "I am a Tinguy, like my father before me."

Oh yeah, leave me your hand as a souviner....and don't sleep with your sister....You gotta watch those tin guys.

TOXIC Wookie

OK, I'll just be the smart Han Solo and speed off in my old but light speed milenium falcon FIBERGLASS 896 with the princess! "punch it Chewie!"

I'll use the Jedi mind trick on the sales guy.

"This is not the boat I'M looking for"

"This is not the boat YOUR looking for"

"I'm a tin guy and I like the Avalanche"

"YOUR a tin guy and YOU like the Avalanche"

Then there's Yoda.

"HHMMM Strong the glass side is. Clouded is the future."

I can step up and answer the few TV-18 questions :)

Remember, at the end of the trilogy the Tin side prevails when the glass side is destroyed and Darth's final words are "You always saw the Tin side in me my son" HAHAHA

And Toxic, Tin doesn't NEED all that attention that you're putting in to your GLASS boat :)

We are out of control and it's GREAT!! What a good way to vent!! Marke, Great Quote, I'm gonna have to think on that one for a while. But remember, Yoda bites the bullet, and Luke doesn't get the girl (Rob does in his glass falcon).

Bruce, you don't understand, I would be doing all of those things even if it didn't need it LOL!! That's part of it. I wouldn't want it any other way.....well, maybe not quite as much work...That's why old car guys restore cars, they spend more time under em' than in em'. I actually LIKE cleaning, washing, waxing, detailing and generally fiddeling with the witch. But I also like to complain about it--ha-ha. Kind of a Zen thing, you know Ying and Yang,..... boy is Neeley gonna run with that comment!! Wait, Rob is the one who runs, I think in Victoria's Secret lacey things, and Mac is the manly type hunting bear in a thong, and I can tell, Scott is just plain embarassed by our behaviour. We all have our niche.

TOXIC

And an ghostly Obi Won appears to guide Luke:

"use the farts Luke, use the farts!"

Oh, sorry that's should be on the Slim Jim thread!!! LOL

I like the way silk feels up against my light sabre! Oh wait Luke has the light sabre, ok then against my blaster. hehehehe!!!!!!even better.

OK Rob WAY too much of a visual!!!

TOXIC - think of it this way:

Jar Jar Binks - The most expensive/complex single resource in Episode 1, and the audience HATED him!

Anakin Skywalker - The least expensive resoure and the audience LOVED him!

Aluminium RULE!

HEY! Jar Jar ruled! And episode one does NOT make the cut for TRUE Star Wars acceptance...sorry! Thank you for playing, please try again.

Toxic- don't get me wrong, I do those things to my boat as well. How many of you get out the house vaccuum and house rug cleaner and stand up there like your cleaning the house, haha! I picked tin because it is so easy to keep, no worries about cracks or nicks in glass, all I have to do is repaint when it gets bad. My disadvantage is the wood floors, they will eventually rot, but that's way down the road, and at that point someone else will own it and I will be driving an Avalanche.

I can motor onto shores where glass would cringe at the thought, haha. Match me the motor and I'll keep up to you!!

Marke - So, now that cat's out of the bag and your moving into Neeley's garage, I see the new boat thingie get it at employee COST!!!

No Trep...I'm GIVING him one for a signing bonus!!!!!

Just kidding!!!

Tox, Rob can have the girl...she's my SISTER!!! What state are you from?

Trep...What Cat?

Marke

OK I should have said "now that Tracker'sout of the bag" LOL

TOX -

NO WAY am I embarrassed!

I just wonder how you guys manage to come up with all this stuff!

me!

Since your now making a solid 7 figure salary with ALL the perks, you can just DONATE that TV18 to the board for use. I'll VOLUNTEER, out of the goodness of my heart, to house the www.Trackerowners.com offical boat in my garage!