Murfreesboro TN f3 tornado

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jones

Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you heard about the F3 tonado that went through my town on Friday, we just got power back, and it missed us by about 100 yards or so. My wife and I watched it out our back window as the vortex of flying trash went by at the end of our dead end street. A 25 year old woman and her 9 week old daughter were killed in their van in their driveway. My wife worked with her and had been to her baby shower just weeks earlier. Lightning hit the house six houses down from us and blew the attic vent into the yard and caught the roof on fire, but a neighbor had a spare key as the owners weren't home. He put it out with five fire extinguishers from inside the attic. There is tens of millions of $ damage, but the Tennessee volunteer-ism is showing this weekend. The response from the community is overwhelming. This has been the fifht tornado I've been through and they don't get any easier, I can tell you for sure. Please pray for our city and it's citizens on this Easter day for us!

Thanks!

Tom Jones

WOW,

Hang in there Tom. I am sure that you all are going to pull together to get out of the mess.

Be well and good luck

Carlos

Tom - Very glad you and the family are AOK :) and very sad to hear about the family down the street :-(

We had golf ball sized hail, heavy winds but luckily the tornados in GA were not that near to us.

Trep

Glad you're ok, Tom. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I'm praying for you and your family Tom, along with your neighbors and that poor woman and child that were killed. In their own driveway? Man, that makes you really think just how vulnerable our lives really are..

Uncle Billy

Saw that on th enews. The lady and her child is a heartbreaker. Heard her husband was trying to rescue them and survived....

Prayers sent!

Here is a picture of the Harley Davidson store I frequent.

mboro%20twister%204-10-09.jpg

Not a subject that lends itself to levity, but that pic, Teri, make me think of the saying "when pigs (sic "hogs") fly!

(I can say that by the way, hog rider since '72)

God bless those with loss of family, friends, property.

Latest posts

Back