Motorguide TM

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
also,the #1 speed which is the slowest is too fast for my preference.I like a real slow and stright drift.I can't go slow enough with this one.Do I have to switch to a variable speed model or is there something I can do to make this one work? Thanks for any input. JimN

Toxic,I don't know what happened but only part of my message posted.The first part was me asking how or if there was a way I could tighten the foot peddle steering tension.I keep moving the boat accidentally when I rest my foot on the peddle.On the same hand,if I could get the TM to run a bit slower I wouldn't have to keep my foot on the peddle momentarily contacting it. My first time using the boat was yesterday so like anything else that's different than what you're used to,it'll just take a little practice I suppose. I don't like using the momentary contact too much because I feel it makes fish spooky and more aware that you're there than if the sound of the TM were constant and gradual.

Thanks for your responce.Got any input on that peddle tension thing?

Steering tension or throttle tension? You can tighten the directional cables in the foot unit. I have never had a problem with the "throttle porton. I know what you mean about resting your foot on the assembly. I'll be concentrating on an area and all of a sudden jerk the boat to one side. It is just something you have to get used to. I now take my foot off of the pedal altogether.

TOXIC

you could also try a different prop. or modify one. stan

stan,

thats an interesting idea. how about drilling a hole in each end or sanding down the prop to make it a smaller diameter? i've never tried this.

might email mg to see if they have any suggestions also.

jd

Keep those ideas coming guys.I think we're on the right track. Thanks

Do you have a 3 blade or 2 blade prop? I believe that the 3 blade will run a little slower.

Harpo

And a 4 even slower. If you want to custom fit a prop on a MG, try sizing a MK prop instead of a MG. The MK prop is better in weeds.

Mini

It's a 3 blade prop.Does anyone else have this concern about their tm's? I mean,I don't like turning the motor on and off frequently.Do you guys use your momentary buttons a lot or do you get a slow drift going? I feel like I'm spooking fish if I'm using the momentary button too much in any given area.I remember my previous boat had a MK 12V. with a variable speed motor.I was able to dial it in good.Is there a way to change the peddle to make it a variable speed control or would I need a variable speed motor? Thanks

i would ask mg if you could upgrade the peddle to a var speed as it might take a different motor, maybe not. it is usually so windy here that i am constantly on and off the switch. might also check with some trollin motor repair shops in your area and see what they say.

jd

Latest posts

Back