Minn Kota Ultrex and live scope

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowguide

Reaction score
Does anyone have a way to mount the Hummingbird live scope to the

Ulterra? If yes, please share details to include how you accomplished it and how long you have had the transducer mounted on your Ulterra.​

Humminbird's MEGA LIVE comes with the mount that attaches to an Ultrex. Read/download the manual from the Humminbird website. Very simple install. If you got the ice fishing version, you need the accessory mount----https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/us/shop/accessories/miscellaneous/mega-live-shaft-mount

I first used it on the Ultrex shaft, then got the Target Lock electric pole and sometimes I do both at the same time--

Humminbird's MEGA LIVE comes with the mount that attaches to an Ultrex. Read/download the manual from the Humminbird website. Very simple install. If you got the ice fishing version, you need the accessory mount----https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/us/shop/accessories/miscellaneous/mega-live-shaft-mount
Sorry, I was looking at the new Ultrex online and thinking about what I should do with my ulterra. I have a 2023 Ultera and need to find a way to mount the mega live or 360 transducer to it without ruining the trolling motor.

I first used it on the Ultrex shaft, then got the Target Lock electric pole and sometimes I do both at the same time--
Thanks for your reply and pictures Wayne. I however made a mistake when I was looking for options and confused my Ultera with the Ultrex. I would like to find a way to install the transducer on my ULTERA which has the auto deploy and stow feature. :(

There is a third party mount for a FFS on a Terrova sold by Cornfield Fishing Gear that some use to attach to an Ulterra. The MEGA 360 is out of the question due to the weight. Cable management is the issue with electric-only steer motors. The MEGA 360 is available in the Universal Mount version for deck attachment.

The ONLY way is to put it on a separate pole that is mounted to the deck of the boat. It is the only way! By the way, do you know of anyone looking for a 6 month old Ulterra ?

Sounds like you and I are on the same path Mr Smith.
Before I bought my Nitro I had a Ranger aluminum center console with the Terrova, which is much like the Ulterra. I bought a separate transducer pole from Fishing Specialties. They make many transducer mounting options, if you want to check them out.

Thanks Brett, I have a separate transducer pole now. Damn boat looks like a Christmas tree. Trying to find way to cut down on **** laying around in the boat or off the boat. Really, wished I had known the auto stow and deploy wasn't able to take any weight when I purchased the boat.

Sounds like you and I are on the same path Mr Smith.
Yes we are! NOW I am running into battery problems. I have the cranking battery only and it looks like that is not enough! Looks like I will need to add to make two batteries on that circuit. Let us know what you find on your rabbit hole!

What are you doing for batteries? Did you need 2, 12's two not run low after 3 hours of fishing?
When I do that setup, I have a 12" and a 15" along with two Ethernet Switches, MEGA 360 and the two LIVES on a 100 AH LiFePO4 battery that I also use for outboard starting. I have another 12" along with a 10" display for the second LIVE on a 54 AH LiFePO4 battery. I have never had any of LiFePO4 batteries get below 75% in 10+ hours.

Latest posts

Back