MAC, Watch your language

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Koepp

Reaction score
Saw today the directive from GM Corporate Communications that the Chevrolet division has told its employees to stop referring to the brand as Chevy, but to use its formal brand name of Chevrolet.

Reports continue that some locations now have "Swear Jars" where office employees will make deposits every time they use the Bad Word.

Come on Tim, its only proper since all those CHEVROLET people do wear BOW TIES! :lol::lol::lol:

Randy!

CHEBBY..The only true american car BWhahhaa:D

This is the kind of clueless stuff one expected from the old management. I guess reports of a cultural turnaround at GM are exaggerated.

RELAX folks,....it's all total BS!! (oops,..there's a quarter!!) Anyway,...the intent of that "message" which by the way was for "internal marketing people only" and sent to the NYT by an employee, (that employee will be in DEEP CHIT when their ID is unearthed)...was supposed to be a new policy for internal marketing communications going back and forth between global regions. The Mgt wanted divisions referred to by their proper names, and not by "street names" when used in INTERNAL DOCUMENTATION. It's no different than Coca-Cola using THAT name internally vs. "Coke".

GM will no longer allow the use of "Chevy" in the street, when Obama starts using "Barry"!! LOL

Here is the memo sent out by the President of GMNA:

Chevy versus Chevrolet

News reports are out that GM allegedly informed some employees to stop using

Don't care what they say...I'm keeping my ol' Chevy Truck:cool:

I'm still calling mine.....GMC! :D

Either way, it's a GM truck for me.

Mac, good to hear that you like coming to work again!

The memo still seems silly: Fussing at employees over using an iconic American brand slang in place of the formal brand name, when that brand slang is firmly embedded in American culture. And if they're gonna fuss at the marketing staff, better start fussing at the web folks, too:

(note page title in your browser at the link below)

http://www.chevrolet.com/malibu/

It is always good when you want to go to work and do not have to worry about going to the "room".

Rich,....the memo was geared for the global regions....particularly Europe and China...where they are a lot less in "tune" with American Culture and slang. I really doubt the Germans use "Bimmer" in their memo's!! ;):cool:

I saw a good one on another board the other day. I cant find it now but it went something along the lines of:

Toyota and Chevrolet entered a joint venture to develop a new, small, metropilitan automobile. After much positioning and branding by each company, and agreement was

reached to call it "toy-let". however, once the marketing department got ahold of that

name, it was changed to "Geo".

(Probably was funnier in the original version)

Latest posts

Back