Lowrance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Hey all,

as the snow is starting to melt here in the northeast, i have to start thinking about i am going to this season with my electronics.

I currently have a Lowrance LMs520c and a X510c. I have had nothing but issues with both units since the day i installed them on the boat. I have replaced the cables and GPS module for the 520 and still get "GPS module not responding" errors. I tried covering the unit with a wet towel during sunny days and found the unit will operate flawlessly. If the towel dries out i get the error message. Also noted on cooler overcast days the unit operates well. the X510 loses the bottom more than it sees it.

I have a slew of case numbers for both of these units and my patients pretty much ran out as i kicked the 510 off the bow in fit of rage at the end of last season, thank god for long cables.

Long and short, both head units are on their way to Lowrance. they are offering to buy them back and apply the credit to the HDS model of my choice (i pick up the diff in cost).

What is the overall condenser of the new HDS units? are they worth money? would i be better off getting theses 2 units fixed and unload them on E Bay?

all opinions are welcome!

thanks

GregD

Regards

Greg Duggan

Shawsheen Air Services Inc.

Greg, i think you and i have talked about it before so im pretty sure you know my opinion of the hds units based off my purchace and return of one and that i now own birds.

The only regret i have with my humminbirds is that i didnt get a bigger screen for the console one. I have the 798cSI and its great but if i had to do it over agina i think i would have done a 900 series unit.

Jim,

i new i would get a reply from you on this! I am so disapointed with these units. The down side i am invested at this point. So do i keep these two units i already own or let them buy them back and try the HDS units or better yet, i can get the new HDS units and sell them and go with the H Birds.

alright, i guess i just answered my own question. After all you sure straightened out my home computer issue!!!!!!!

On that topic, what do you know about video editing on the Mac? i bought a GoPro camera and can't seem to edit the video with IVIDEO or IDVD.

I dont know too much about movine editing since i never do it. I have taken a couple quick movies on mt Canon 7D but i havent done much with them from an edit standpoint. I didnt spend 2k on a high end DSLR to take movies on it :lol:

Have you tried imovie? and do you have the latest version of ilife? If that wont work final cut express might work and im sure final cut pro will but thats a little pricey.... If you dont have the latest ilife(11) take a quick clip and see if you can get it to me and i can try it on mine and see what i can do with it. Imovie should be able to bring in just about any video format and work with it.

Latest posts

Back