Lower Potomac - fish still biting!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Even with the water temps in the low 80's and air temps in the 90's, the fish are still biting on the Potomac. At least in the early morning! Nothing of real significant size, but it was fun pulling in these guys.

MorningCatch.jpg

Of course bass weren't the only fish biting!

Perch.jpg

By late morning, the fishing had slowed so I switch to some of those Berkley Gulp Alive! lures. They worked too!

QuanticoCreek.jpg

Off the water by noon (getting too crowded). Still had the rest of the day to . . . NAP! Thanks to Mike C. for his tips on where to find the fish!!

Yup - right at the railroad trestles. Lots of traffic going in and out.

Nice fish Jim!

get on the main river man! Bit bigger on the size there.

Where did you launch from??

that sure is a good lookin boat you got there jim.

glad you had a good time. next time you will bet the big girls, We need to get you in on the frog bite.

mike c

Thanks guys! CIII and Mike - would love to learn the main river more. Have to hook up with you all one of these days. I launched out of Slavin's up in Mattawoman (fewer boats to line up behind - and free to boot). Felt confident about motoring to Quantico Creek from Mattawoman - the difference an extra foot makes in a boat (not to mention the extra foot and a half beam and about 110 more horses in the back :D).

LOL about the perch - actually had two of them. The one in the pic measured 12 inches. Biggest one I think I've caught! Wife told me I should have brought them all home. We haven't has fish fillets in a while :lol: Maybe one of these days I'll hook into a snakehead - hear those are tasty critters!

Jim - charter member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals, that is!).

Yep, the extra size does help thats for sure! I want to go snakehead fishing..I have not got one yet either!

Latest posts

Back