Lost a whole year

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be living vicariously through you all for the better part of the year. I had rotor cuff surgery on my left shoulder at the end of January and will need the right shoulder done in May. I will be fortunate to get the boat in the water at all this year.
So, post up some pictures of your catch!
Tight lines...

Damn. Best wishes on a quick recovery! Here is one for yea, not on a boat, but a nice catch nonetheless.

My son cought a 15" crappie while walleye fishing.

Attachments

• 20240217_230546.jpg
    20240217_230546.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I will be living vicariously through you all for the better part of the year. I had rotor cuff surgery on my left shoulder at the end of January and will need the right shoulder done in May. I will be fortunate to get the boat in the water at all this year.
Tight lines...

Looks like you got the boat done just in time, before you wore out both your shoulders. And saying that here I sit with my leg up after a full knee replacement on Tuesday. Missing the whole spawn season till I can get back in the boat.

after having a 5 hour repair on left shoulder and a full replacement of the rt one i know what you are looking at. the 6 weeks in a padded sling was awful.
dont give up , do the threapy . my rope and pully is still in use in the gaurage after 4 or 5 years.

after having a 5 hour repair on left shoulder and a full replacement of the rt one i know what you are looking at. the 6 weeks in a padded sling was awful.
dont give up , do the threapy . my rope and pully is still in use in the gaurage after 4 or 5 years.

You are right just do what they tell you to do and remember "don't let the old man in"

Tight lines...
I feel your pain. I had rotator cuff and bicep repair done on my right shoulder this past July and I just had acl and meniscus replacement done on my left knee 2 weeks ago. Sadly I won’t be on the water until late in the summer.

Looks like you got the boat done just in time, before you wore out both your shoulders. And saying that here I sit with my leg up after a full knee replacement on Tuesday. Missing the whole spawn season till I can get back in the boat.
Dang. I hope your recovery goes well. You will have a hate/love relationship with your physical therapist...lol.
Good luck!!

I feel your pain. I had rotator cuff and bicep repair done on my right shoulder this past July and I just had acl and meniscus replacement done on my left knee 2 weeks ago. Sadly I won’t be on the water until late in the summer.
Man. This whole site in cursed with orthopedic injuries! Best of luck in your rehab.

I feel for you as far as missing favorite hobbies. After living with a defective heart valve for over 50 years it finally gave up and I had open heart surgery for an artificial valve in mid January. I will miss turkey hunting and spring trap leagues. I should be able to fish come opener, however.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

I feel for you as far as missing favorite hobbies. After living with a defective heart valve for over 50 years it finally gave up and I had open heart surgery for an artificial valve in mid January. I will miss turkey hunting and spring trap leagues. I should be able to fish come opener, however.

I wish you a speedy recovery!
Same to you Timmer. Good luck getting back outdoors. Yeah, I bet shooting a 12ga too soon would be no bueno for heart sutures! All the best brother.

What a way to have to spend a year. I hope some of your friends can take you out on a boat. Best wishes.

Well I hope all goes well for you all and a speedy recovery too . I guess that's what happens when you work hard and play hard things get worn out and things happen. Just remember "don't let the old man in" So many fish to catch and so little time.

I know exactly how you feel, last April changing a battery on the boat, I was standing on the wheel well, jettisoned backwards and broke my left arm. Dam thing still isn't right.

some more info. im in lawrence ks my ins would let me go anywhere in the world . after some weeks of research and advice of a lifelong friend who had both shoulders done . full reverse replacement. i chose the local shoulder man. the left shoulder was the result of falling down inside the boat. took 5 hours to repair. the rt was injured while playing tennis with my youngest son who was in middle school, now 63 . finally the pain got so bad i had to do something . the same dr said it cant be fixed but it can be replaced . the full reverse replacement works fine and pain free. so if you are looking for a GOOD shoulder surgeon here is the place.never give up and dont quit . do what you want to do til you stop.
im now 88 been building a beenive in the garage .

some more info. im in lawrence ks my ins would let me go anywhere in the world . after some weeks of research and advice of a lifelong friend who had both shoulders done . full reverse replacement. i chose the local shoulder man. the left shoulder was the result of falling down inside the boat. took 5 hours to repair. the rt was injured while playing tennis with my youngest son who was in middle school, now 63 . finally the pain got so bad i had to do something . the same dr said it cant be fixed but it can be replaced . the full reverse replacement works fine and pain free. so if you are looking for a GOOD shoulder surgeon here is the place.never give up and dont quit . do what you want to do til you stop.
im now 88 been building a beenive in the garage .
YOU GO MAN !!!!! GO !! I feel better just hearing that !

Latest posts

Back