Looking for advice

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott guillot

Reaction score
just found your website, wish it had been sooner. i have the nx 750, 2 yrs. old, first bass boat and i have thoroughly enjoyed it, i am not bashing, just looking for help! 6 months after buying it, i brought it back to dealer for stress cracks on hull and they fixed it claiming it was just cosmetic, not structural( 1 month in shop). may 07 2005, i brought it back in with several more cracks all over hull, this is where the fun begins! they still have it and this experience has been less than desirable. the dealer supposedly had it fixed and then had to send it back to repair shop because they did not fix all the cracks, this required yet another authorization from warranty(factory). at this point, i thought i had enough and was working on trading this boat in for another nitro, this was fine until the dealer said they could not take my boat in on a trade because now the factory wanted my boat there(missouri) to investigate this problem, after talking with someone there( no names mentioned here) he told me he was 90% sure i would be getting a new boat, after waiting a couple weeks, a message was relayed to me from the dealer that factory found nothing structurally wrong with boat and would repair it and send it back to dealer around the 1st of august. i really have lost confidence in this boat and have no desire to own this boat anymore. i have lost 3 months of summer fishin in south texas, loan and insurance payments and i get deployed(NAVY) in october for 6 months. my question is: is this type of dealing with customers the way nitro handles it or is this all boat dealers and should i just shuck it off, take my loss and shut up? sorry, after being contacted from dealer about message from factory, my contact at factory will not return my call. sorry, but i feel used and abused. any insight, advice, opinions???????

My Advice (someone who HAS recieved a new boat from the factory)....

Keep at them! Don't let up for one second....Sooner or later someone will HOPEFULLY take notice. And lemme' tell ya'...That's not a guarantee either.:angry:

I just got lucky because the Credit Union hadn't cut em' a check yet. BUT, should it make any difference? They should step up to the plate if that's the whole story...just two cent:)

I have my 2nd Tracker. My first ,a 2000 Pro 175 SE never had a problem so I never dealt with warranty. Well now I have a 2005 Targa V17 walk through and it has some new style seat hinges that are very flimsy and bend if you lean back on the seat. I think this should not be a big problem.I call the dealer and he says sorry I can't do anything for you. Then a get a questionnaire from Tracker about how I like the new boat. OK I say except for the junk seat hinges.Then I get a letter in the mail that says they sent a copy of my complaint to the dealer and that they would take care of the problem and that the dealer would call. I never got the call so I called them and then they decided to order new ones. The new ones are a little different but are still made with a very flimsy material. I took one out of the box and bent it like a pretzel with my bare hands.The salesman told me "we don't make the hinges" and walked away. I was able to take one out of the box because I had the box to take home to put the new "under warranty hinges "on myself.Some warranty service there.I told them I wish I had gone down the street to the Lund dealer like I was going to in the first place. I got another Tracker because I had a good experience with the first one.I paid cash for both boats

and it was a hassle with this one from the day I filled out the order till it was done being built

a couple of months later.This dealer got a lot of extra money from me to because I didn't get the basic package.I upgraded the trolling motor to a 70# universal transducer,battery charger,

115 optimax and some other stuff and now when there is a problem I am on my own. That

costumer relations person at Tracker is no help either so far.I know of at least three other

people who have had the same seat hinge problem and the CR guy told me he hadn't heard of this problem before.I called him right after someone els got off the phone with him about the same thing,so now I think I'm getting lied to.To say that I am displeased with this deal is a real understatement.And I am sure I would not have all this :angry:hassle with Lund. Sorry this is so long.

Latest posts

Back