Looking at an NX 882

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan T

Reaction score
Hi guys- Great forum here. There is an auction house that has a seized 2001 NX882 going on the block next month. I looked at it today and may try and pick it up if I can get it cheap enough to warrant the work it needs. Also need to have the motor checked by a mechanic. Here's what I know:

2001 NX882 with Nitro trailer. Mercury 150 XR6 w/o prop. Missing trolling motor, batteries, charger, electronics, stern light. Been sitting uncovered outside for quite awhile. Seats need recovered. Topside pretty oxidized. Needs wetsanded and buffed. Hull in good shape. Cracks to gelcoat above rubrail at portside stern from collison (dock maybe). Area is about 12" x 4". No damage to fiberglass. Not sure whether to figure having it fixed or live with it.

What would be the price to pick this up for and still get it back together well under what buying a clean ready to go boat would be? I see them selling for between 11 and 15k. Looks like 3k+ in missing equip alone. Thanks for any help!

Repos are a gamble, if the guy yanked all the equipment off before it was taken, chances are VERY good it's been vandalized in other ways also. Wouldn't consider running it before going through the engine and fuel system for things like sugar in the tank, etc.

I might consider it a 5K dice roll, no more than that.

I agree...my buddy bought an 02' Ranger at auction like that and come to find out the motor was bombed:eek: He got it cheap enough though and still come out ahead.

He did spend dang near a year on it himself and a lil' help from me but, turned out really nice.

Unless you can get the engine checked I wouldn't go any higher than $3K. The boat is 7 years old and sound like it was stripped. If you get it you got a lotta work ahead of you.

Thanks for the replies and advice. $3,000 - 3,500 was what we were thinking.

If you get it... I know a place that will rebuild the engine for around $3000 and give you a six year warranty 3yrs 100% 3 yrs 50%...

Latest posts

Back