• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Loaded TF 1800 with rebuilt motor

• Thread starter Rob LaMoy [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/116
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Seems a couple of people have been asking about my boat so yes it's still for sale for now.

'89 TF1800 (18'2") with COMPLETLY rebuilt Johnson GT 150. Motor was totally overhauled in 2002. New pistons, rings, bored and sleeved, carbs, gaskets, NEW updated VRO, stator, rectifier, thermostats, etc. One month later due to a rogue piece of fireline a new lower unit, new prop shaft, seals, impeller, clutch dog and gears. Prop (3 blade SS Raker) was recupped and repitched for performance. Boat runs 56-58 MPH on GPS all day. 27 gallon gas tank and remote 2 gallon oil resevoir. 2 new Everstart Maxx TM batteries still under warranty and a 2 year old cranking battery. New throttle box/control and new cables. Dual no-feedback steering, new gauges, Brand new on board Guest 2631 charger, 3 bank, 10 amps per, brand new Garmin 160 on bow/TM, brand new Eagle fisheasy ST at console. All still have warranty. 2 year old Motorguide 24v 67lb TM with 50" shaft for big water and big water gator mount. 2 hydraulic pro stick seats, tilt steering, polished aluminum rims and new tires on a spotless Trailstar trailer, mooring cover, transom saver, rod savers, TM saver, rod saver tie downs. This boat is tourney ready and I have over $12k invested in 2 years, $6k alone in the motor in '02. Asking $7500. Pic doesn't do it justice I will post a new one soon.
Kiss%20This.jpg

If boat doesn't sell this week, I will be putting in new seats in place of the bench seat.

I'm looking at it, and any 1989 boat that can't have scratches on it can't be good.

Rob, you do know these things are supposed to be USED, right? :) What kind of a shady character tries to sell a boat with no scratches?

I didn't say it doesn't have scratches on it. She's been used and has the typical gel coat cracks in a few corners, but for an '89 is in excellent shape. Plus I went bizerk on it with the buffer and a $30 bottle of polishing compound this past weekend. To be honest, if I don't sell it, I won't be heart broken, the rig is sweet and ready for the water. I just need bigger for clients and faster for tourneys. Plus the dual console for my clients and my wife and kids. That's the only reason I'm getting the 896.

Latest posts

Back