Lights are back....finally

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
After a fierce storm ripped thru our state on Friday, things are finally turning around for most. There are still 86k,

down from 700k, without power....and will be until Saturday. If any of you fellas in surrounding states have friends that work for power companies and were sent to West Virginia to help restore power, give them a big thanks from us hillbillies.....we appreciate it immensely.

Eric

I live in Va and we have power crews in my neighborhood from Texas, Georgia and Canada !!Thanks for the help !!

Awesome......hope everyone is safe and your power is restored soon, Ken.

Eric

I know it can be a b____! Down here for hurricanes the power can be out sometimes for a week or more. I have a backup generator just in case. I'm glad you got your power back.

Barry from La.

We were some of the lucky ones - power out Friday night, back on by Tuesday PM. Others are still out. It could have been worse. We saw numerous trees down, including one the flattened a car. We had some limbs down, but nothing serious. Friend of ours let us store our freezer food in his spare freezer (he was one of the few with power). On Friday, I saw the storm come in from the West. Constant lightning and heavy winds before the rains came. Very scary!!

Mom and dad still don't have power in St. Mary's, WV (along the Ohio River) and no estimate as to when it will be back on. They lost all the food in 2 fridges, but I was able to get them my generator before they lost their freezer stuff in a big upright. Dad has lung problems from working 40 years in a chemical plant and I was really worried about him in all this heat, but with the generator and a small window AC from my sister, he is making out okay.

Scott

Latest posts

Back