Left over plastic baits

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I was looking through the old Nitro yesterday and I found a gym bag full of plastics that I have never used still in the unopened bags for the most part. Almost fifteen pounds of gitzits, finess worms, Culprits,salt craws etc etc etc. Must be a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff. I'll never use this unless the fishing industry collaspes and stops making baits altogether. Anyone have any ideas on what to do with this stuff?

I still have at least that much in power worms, gulps, senkos and the other more current plastic baits. And will probably buy more or some of the new flavor of the month stuff.

I thought about melting them into cheap breast implants but decided against that. Ideas?

fatrap

are implants for you??

if you have any black/gold fleck grubbs i would be bery interested !!

GregD

Hold on to them until the Council Bluffs BPS opens,....they will eventually have a youth program or some event where you could "donate" the stuff and then take a tax deduction for it! ;)

Gotta love those deductions!!

I'll take all your Powerworms if ya' want to get rid of them...make me a price;)

Fat, I've got the same thing going on in my boat. I've got all my tupperware boxes stuffed full and the overflow in a big BPS sack. I really need to go through it all and make some cuts. I also need to enroll in a 12 step program.

Harpo

Harpo i think we need to start one we could call it TAA (Tackleaholics Anonymous). I have the same deal. Too much stuff and ever growing.

My local Fed has a youth event every year that they give away tackle packs to every kid. Last year i donated over 30# of soft plastic i bought but never used then forget i even had:wacko:. There was no tax dedictions or anything that i took but thats ok because it went to kids to help out sport grow.

I've still got some Mann's Jelly Worms (grape flavor) riding around with me.

Harpo

I still use them too, they are a summer staple for me.

I didn't know they still made them. Mine are left over from around 1988. :eek:

Harpo

Mac that's a good idea. I'll have to go through all of it and find out what I have. Some is from my old tournament days. You know "here try these, fill out the questionier on how they worked and send it back."

GregD Now that's a thought. I'd be the only one's I'd probably get my old lecherious hands on now a days.

12 step program for tackle junkies? Never work.

fatrap

The first plastic worm I ever caught a fish on was a Grape Culprit. Got them from South Shore Fish Camp in Citra FL. A local guy made them, and marketed them out of his garage.

About 1977

fatrap

I would never be able to part with fishin lures.....Sure I want to see the sport grow and such but....well then you get those feelings of "Where in the sam hill did those worms go I saw when cleaning the boat out or Man those worms would come in handy right about now...." Thats why Im such a pack rat and dont throw anyhting away.....hehehe. Maybe this explains the performance of the 911? Whaddaya think???

T.S.

You know your a tackle junkie if you buy all of a certain bait because they're half off the regular price. You'll probably never use them but you buy them all because you don't want anyone else to have them.

fatrap

Why of course...Thats when you have to admit you have a problem but do anyof us??? Heck NO!!!!!LOL :p

I bought about twenty shad rap look alike crankbaits for a buck each. I haven't even used one yet. I always throw a crawdad fatrap shallow and a Bagleys DB3 for deep.

I don't even want to get started on crankbaits that I have and don't use.

fatrap

Got an idea. You get some of those seventeen foot Euro Fishing rods and make a harness that'll hold about twelve cranks. Chuck that mother out there and the fish will think a school of bait fish just fell outta heaven and go for it. Anyone for double, a quad.

fatap

Donate them to the local Girls and Boys Club, if they take kids fishing....

Latest posts

Back