Plastic lure storage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I've run the gambit of lure storage devices for soft plastics - Plano 3700's at first (taking them out of the bags), then Plano 3731's, then stuffing them into worm binders, cardboard boxes, duffle bags, etc, etc, etc...

You name it, and I'm pretty sure I've tried it... and been dissatisfied with them all for plastics storage. A while back, I bought a couple of Rubbermaid containers for storage in my garage, and I organized "spare" plastics in them - which worked really well. I tried them in my boat last year, and really liked them.

I carry a LOT of plastic in my boat, and I like to find what I need, when I need it.

I received a $50 gift card for Christmas from Lowes, and had no idea what to buy with it - until this past weekend.

Strolling through Lowes, I came across more of those "Shoebox size" containers made by Rubbermaid - "Clear Impressions" - Size "S" (6.5 quart) - same as the original ones I bought. Total cost per container - $1.20 each. I bought a dozen of them with my gift card, and had plenty money to spare.

They work PERFECTLY for storing worms, or any soft plastics in my boat. I stacked the entire dozen of them in the front compartment of my boat, each marked on top with a red Sharpie marker as to it's contents, although you can see the bags anyway through the clear plastic. Big worms, small worms, jig trailers, grubs, floating worms, soft jerkbaits, tubes, flipping plastics, frogs, drop shot baits, stick baits, and swim baits all have their own containers now and are very easy to sort, stack and find.

Just thought this was a great idea worth passing on. The particular size and brand that I mentioned have worked better than any others I've used. Tops stay on no matter what, even in rough water, but are easy to "peel back" when you need to get into them. They seem to be totally wormproof, as I've had loose worms in them and the plastic wasn't affected at all. Total cost for my entire storage system - About $15 including tax. Hard to beat, I'd say.

All the best,

Glenn

Just looked at some of these at a boat show. Pretty neat, best thing for storing plastics I've seen yet.

http://www.easyviewtackle.com/photos.html

DH

Glenn - Thanks for the tip. Been using them for 3 years and I agree they work great. SInce you have money left on the gift card and were so frugal in your spending please send me the card with the remainder of the money on it so I can buy more plastic boxes.

Thanks! LOL

Glenn, like you, after trying a bunch of different things, I just keep a Rubbermaid shoebox full of all my plastics in their original packets. For the ones I use frequently, which amounts to about a dozen different sizes and colors, I keep them in two Plano 3600 boxes, except for flukes, which I keep in their own 3600 box along with the hooks and weights I use for those (thanks Dan J...caught a lot of fish with those!). I only go to the shoebox when something different is needed.

I'll have to look into that. I currently use the duffel bag method with the bags of plastics put into gallon ziplocks by style. Works OK but could be better.

I WILL SURLY LOOK INTO THOSE SINCE I AM NOT HAPPY WITH MY STORAGE SITUATION/CONTAINERS. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP....KENNY

They do work awesome Glenn, I have been using them for about 2 years now, I get mine at Pick and Save, about a dollar a box, and they usually have a couple of different sizes.

I guess this means I can get rid of my Wal-Mart sacks and my partner will quit making fun of my "High Dollar" tackle boxes!! Thanks Glenn

Tim

I will stick to my duffle bag cause inn my part of the woods the temps gets to 115 for a couple of weeks strait and the rest of the summer inn the low 100's plus my boat sits outside covered, I just hate to see those lures all melty on my boat.I wish that I could leave them outside.

Are these boxes waterproof?

If they turn upside down, are they still waterproof?

I hate bags of wet plastics!

I currently use the small (6-pack) size of soft coolers for my soft plastics...just got 2 more at Wally-world on clearance ($2.50 ea).

I think I'm up to 8 or 9! (my wife says I have a problem!)

The only thing I don't like about the coolers is that you can't see through 'em...

Sounds like these clear boxes might be worth a try...

az

Latest posts

Back